[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EBAY HELP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: imgres.jpg (7KB, 307x164px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
7KB, 307x164px
So i started flipping some items on the side for a little extra cash this year. in Jan. I cleared $365 (about $250 of pure profit before ebay/paypal). I was pretty happy with this, but i just got billed by ebay for $38 out of nowhere for "fees", even though it says my first 50 listing are free.

I called and they said that those are different fees that actually arnt being applied right now.

So with paypal already taking another 5%, and paying for like 50% of shipping it all really cuts into my profits. And i have no idea how much Ebay will be charging after I list 50+ items.

I guess i just need general advice about selling on ebay
>>
>>1803492
yes I used to sell things on ebay and used to do pretty well. Now USPS shipping is expensive, Ebay Fees are expensive and Paypal fees are expensive I can't make any money the way I used to anymore.
>>
>>1803513
Have you ever looked into UPS/FEDEX rates?
>>
>>1803522
yeah USPS is the cheapest and easiest. I only offer free shipping on a few kinds of items, and i do flat rate pricing for shipping and over-charge by like 20%. So the items i do free shipping on basically end up paid for.

shipping isnt really the problem its ebay fees and paypal

could someone just explain how ebay fees even work. its suprisingly hard to get a straight answer from google
>>
>>1803492
you need to learn how to read.

the "free listings" youre referring to specifically states it applies to *INSERTION FEES*, not final value fees.

this is your own fault for not fucking reading before you start doing shit.

ebay has various forms of fees. the two main ones almost everyone will deal with is insertion fees and final value fees. insertion fees are often waved in various promotions such as the one you got, they also allow X insertion fee waved listings a month for most sellers. if you have an ebay store insertion fees are pretty much non existant.

Final values fees range depending on the category, but general rule of thumb is 10% of total transaction value
>>
File: 7625472347.jpg (686KB, 1896x959px) Image search: [Google]
7625472347.jpg
686KB, 1896x959px
>>1803492

Ebay is a meme.
>>
>>1803492
I found that ebay isnt profitable unless you can find something where you make 2+ times the amount the item youre selling costs you because the fees + shipping are so high. The only problem is that everyone who shops on ebay is cheap AF so its hard to sell anything too pricey in a reasonable amount of time.

Etsy has the best rates for sellers.
>>
>>1803849
>they also allow X insertion fee waved listings a month for most sellers. if you have an ebay store insertion fees are pretty much non existant.

doesnt this sound contradictory?
>>
Why is everyone complaining about the shipping? Unless you're shipping shit that's 6+ pounds the shipping shouldn't be more than $1-6 max
>>
>>1803906
Etsy also has no users and takes ages to sell if you're not an already established seller.
>>
File: 1473667073988.jpg (21KB, 500x538px) Image search: [Google]
1473667073988.jpg
21KB, 500x538px
>>1803492
ebay was great selling up until 2008

>charged a fee for every listing (kept shit from flooding the site and people would only list things they thought would sell) and less of a final selling fee.
>every category was autosorted by ending soonest (every auction got to be the first page eventually)
>much less "buy it now" stuff flooding the auction page

I used to sell these Star Wars collectible card game cards (like magic cards, but star wars) that went out of print in 1999 and because they were in limited supply I was able to turn a purchase of $3300 of a huge lot I bought in 2005 to a $36,000 profit by 209.

I am still kicking myself for blowing all the money I made on trips and vacations and all sorts of stupid shit instead of saving it.
>>
>>1803985
Breaking the first rule of /biz/ here, but since you aren't doing it now I'll give it a shot -- where did you come across the star wars cards in the first place?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.