[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who here /stash/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Fotor_148728718345191.jpg (91KB, 710x1216px) Image search: [Google]
Fotor_148728718345191.jpg
91KB, 710x1216px
been with it for 3 weeks now. ETFs are solid but returns are less than expected given how much money I put in. is it worth it? am I overestimating my returns? is acorns better or are they both memes?
>>
>>1803314
Why not get Robinhood and directly invest in ETFs and the like?
>>
>>1803314
investing is a very slow process and returns take time to accumulate. Part of returns can be dividends which are usually every 3 months while appreciation of stock price generally is a slow up and down slide, but up in the very long term.

>>1803578
I looked at both options a while ago and will provide my input on this.

If you want to buy fractional shares and be less involved (more advice) then Stash is the better choice.

If you want no hand holding and don't care about fractional shares then Robinhood is better.

Dividend modification can be an issue also but I prefer to use it to reinvest how I want it, making Robinhood superior. Some people like it automatically reinvested.
>>
>>1803578
Quick question, was thinking about tryin robinhood with like 100 bucks to toy around for a bit. Do I have to file the profits I make as taxes (college student no job)
>>
>>1803600
I can't answer that as I just started today with near the same amount. I just plan on having my tax guy do it all at the end of the year.

>>1803597
I never really gave these change investing apps a second look. I'm sure they definitely have they're place like you point out.
>>
>>1803604
their*
>>
>>1803600
You don't HAVE to, but you would be breaking the law if you didn't. If that's all the money you made, you shouldn't have to pay anything on it unless you made a fucking shitload.
>>
>>1803600
short answer is yes
remember, Robinhood (or any broker) will file their copy for their taxes to the IRS and send you a copy. You take your copy and add it to your taxes. If your taxes do not match what they receive, that is when they question it and penalize you if you withhold it.

Just keep in mind you can report losses as well as gains, if you want to offset capital gains.
>>
>>1803314
Damn, stash actually looks a lot better. Acorns doesn't give you control over your individual holdings.

Question:
Does Stash let you allocate your holdings by telling them what percentage of each ticker you want?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.