[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which Graduate Degree?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1484953197591m.jpg (109KB, 468x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1484953197591m.jpg
109KB, 468x1024px
> Go to Undergrad in Psychology
> Easily destroy it, great GPA and the head of clubs
> Want to keep the ride going
> Apply to Masters programs that sound cool
> Masters in Epidemiology
> Masters in Biostatistics
> Masters in I/O Psychology
> Masters in Cognitive Psychology
> Don't know which one to choose
> Whichever I choose I'm going to get a PhD in
> Zero debt so far, probably will get a TAship to pay for tuition and 1.3k/mo from any program because I'm a normy with people skills

So which is it?
What would you decide?
We can't all be entrepreneurs and/or day traders.
>>
>>1801380

None of the above. You will get fucked.

Just find a job somewhere, do something lucrative.

I got a masters in a psych field and it did not payoff.
>>
>>1801380
Can I get fries with that?
>>
>>1801380
If you can get into a prestigious, brand name grad program (Top 15 US news or so) focus on Developmental/Child Psychology and get your PHD. After that, move to a rich neighborhood (somewhere near NYC, SF, LA etc) and open up a clinic. Affluent people will shell out absurd amounts of money for someone to chat with their spoiled, shitty kid about their feelings and such.
>>
>>1801380

If you are getting a PhD in these fields, can't you skip the masters? I managed a lab with people who had master's in cognition, they either had to continue education to PhD or get a not so great job.
>>
>>1801518

Even if you can make all that work, it will turn into something like $90k - $100k a year.

Meanwhile you have $100k+ of debt, growing interest at 7% a year.

It's not fucking worth it. Really no masters or PhD is.

Medicine is still fine, law is meh.

The graduate school bubble is gonna be the 3rd worst bubble pop in American history.
>>
>>1801711

I emphasize "if".

A lot.
>>
>>1801711
Debt free, TAship pays for tuition and stipend. I'm actually a hot commodity and have already received this offer from every university that's accepted me.

>>1801518
I hate kids, might be fun to drug them up though

>>1801547
They don't let you skip masters, that's like skipping undergrad and going straight to a Master's program after Highschool

I'm honestly leaning more towards the statistics heavy degrees because stats is easy for me and salaries begin at 100-150k, of course money isn't the only consideration. With Epidemiology I would get to travel the world. Whatever I do the jobs with be comfy
>>
>>1802243
People skip masters all the time.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.