[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>just dropped out of universty (was about to be expelled for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (115KB, 600x776px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115KB, 600x776px
>just dropped out of universty (was about to be expelled for poor grades) >engineering program at a top 20 school
>not much money on account of paying school debt
>small apartment paid for by parents, not anymore obviously
>have to get a job
>have never worked anywhere besides the same gas station over the summer for the last 8 years

What do I do with my life now?
My plan is to just get a minimum wage job and live a frugal cozy life in a small apartment since this is basically what I was doing before.

How much can I lie about on my resumé? Are there any other options besides this for someone like me?
Plan to save up a bit then go to community college for a trade.
Thanks in advance

>inb4 you fucked up
>>
Become a street performer
>>
>>1800806
anon pls
>>
>>1800802
What talents and skills do you have? Clearly not engineering.
>>
>>1800826
Nothing. All I did was go to school and I've only worked as a clerk. Is my plan even feasible? Is it possible to save decent money while earning minimum wage?
>>
>>1800802
Honestly I feel you I fucking hate school. You can make decent money hustling at a sales job(better than doing shitty wage slave labor).
>>
>>1800844
How would I go about taking necessary steps to get a job in sales? I know how to look and apply but how do I make myself look like more of an asset?
Can't imagine they're in the business of hiring dropout gas station attendants
>>
>>1800834
>Is it possible to save decent money while earning minimum wage?
No. You need to pick a skill now and start freelancing it while applying vigorously for any job that remotely gives job skills. I'm talking shit stuff, if you want to do cyber security then do a year of Best Buy Geek Squad or any IT you can get your hands on, all the while researching in your free time and freelancing any sort of gigs you can find.

You need to live out the 1-3 years of experience building from scratch.
>>
>>1800851
What are examples of jobs that give good job skills? I'm not tech savvy at all and do not see myself excelling at IT or tech related stuff
>>
>>1800851
Over the years I've basically learned how to operate a gas station.
I was manager and although it was a small location I was capable of training staff, doing payroll, ordering inventory, closing down, tracking funds, etc etc.
Is there a way to translate this into anything useful besides just working at s gas station?
>>
>>1800917
Sales will take anyone as long as they hustle. Just have great people skills and show it in the interview. Like everyone said here you really just need to pick a skill and triple down.
>>
>>1800936
build a gas station
>>
>>1800936
I'd say apply for management, accounting, or HR, but those all DEMAND degrees from outside employees.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.