[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I may be losing my $17/hour job at the beginning of March and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1475360080700.jpg (105KB, 593x936px) Image search: [Google]
1475360080700.jpg
105KB, 593x936px
I may be losing my $17/hour job at the beginning of March and I live in the middle of nowhere where it's hardly impossible to find a job making more than $10/hour. Should I just use my savings and go to trucking school? My expenses wouldn't be more than my cell phone, car insurance (I could sell my car) and food. I could easily save enough in 2-4 years to live comfortably while in University for 4 years.I'm currently 23.
>>
>>1800508
>i could easily save enough in 2-4 years to live comfortable while blah blah blah

Why is pepe crying? I don't understand.
>>
>>1800513
Because I'm 23 and have no direction in life. I have no family that spoils me and holds me up paying my living expenses through college and graduating at 22 like the rest of you who complain your lives are so hard because you don't have a girlfriend.
>>
>>1800508
read Rich Dad Poor Dad
>>
>>1800522
>I'm 23 and have no direction in life
Just like 99% of your peers.
>>
>>1800508
Sure, if you wanna be a trucker. It might be a cool experience for you. Might learn a lot, too.
>>
>>1800508
Why not join the military in a non-combat role? You hardly have any living costs and you get loads of extra cash for going abroad.
>>
>>1800508
Former truck driver.

Don't do it Don't do it Don't do it Don't do it .

Busy at work so cant go on for days. ...just dont. You will hate every second.
>>
>>1800535
This also. Not a meme.

Personally id go to trade school and work near there till done.
>>
>>1800508
pack your shit and move somewhere else. Your 23 .
>>
>>1800735

Hell, even in a combat role you're probably not very likely to go anywhere dangerous. Even the Middle East ain't like it was back when it was kinetic warfare.

The main reason to take a non combat role is to get education in a trade.

I'd recommend firefighter, mason, carpenter, etc, firefighter certifications are hard to get state side if you don't spend like a year being a volunteer firefighter or know a firefighter who will vouch for you.
>>
>>1800741
that's what im doing OP. food delivery driver by night
>>
>>1800508
Yea you should be a trucker
Unless >>1800738 is gunna give us a little more info.
Many of my friends have got their b or a license and are making a decent wage and pulled themselves out of the low paying shit they were in.
>>
>>1800508
This is why there are college councilors OP. Even if you are not signed up for their college you can go meet one and explain your setup and ask for input on your next step. They have a lot of experience in setting people with options.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.