[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the US Education Industry so fucked?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: chrome_2017-02-15_07-02-41.jpg (61KB, 463x537px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-02-15_07-02-41.jpg
61KB, 463x537px
Are degrees really this worthless now?

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/826118294541365248
>>
Depends what you want to do you ducking clueless child. The real world doesnt have "general rules" like "degree tiers", there are just choices for your dumbass to make.

You'd be a real dumbass to let someone else choose for you
>>
>>1799920

Given how 'difficult' it is to work a computer, I think it's more a combination of workplaces being unwilling to train except where mandated by law and the fact that (at least when I graduated from high school in 2008) they told everyone who wasn't mentally retarded or running a sub 1.0 GPA to go to college.
>>
>>1799920
>https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/826118294541365248
Because kids don't fucking network with people in the field when they're attending college

>college is literally 30% grades and 70% making connections in the field
>>
>>1799920
CNC is actually complicated enough to require a 2yr degree at least

Why are you surprised, all factories do this
>>
>>1799920
I can't wait for my womens studies degree to help me get a job in CNC manufacturing.
>>
>>1800381
/thread
>>
Even here in Brazil are getting degrees in useless things while no one wants to do skilled manual labour anymore.
>>
>>1799920
lol no business degrees are basically worthless in the employers eyes. Mostly seen as a indicator that you're not a complete retard. You need a degree in engineering/stem fields, medical fields, and law.
>>
Degrees are pretty worthless, but certifications are very valuable. I can't stress this enough.
>>
>>1800557
Bait m8. All these jobs want a 4 year degree regardless of certs
>>
>>1800530
You sound like someone who hasn't been to college yet. Your degree holds value depending on what field you work in.
>>
>>1800530
That's weird. It appears I got a job right out of school with a business degree!
>>
>>1799920

What do you mean are degrees really this worthless? This is great! Someone with a major in linguistics of 70s Russian poetry can legitimately say their degree got them a position.
>>
G
>>
>>1800809
They can "want" all they want. most of their shit takes a month of training if you're not a dingus
>>
>>1801353

Probably as a translator or international trade. If you are completely fluent in multiple languages, you will find work, especially if it is with another manufacturing powerhouse like china or selling to a newly capitalist society like russia.
>>
File: 1483121937048.jpg (764KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1483121937048.jpg
764KB, 960x960px
It's really just the next iteration of capital interests waging their war on regular people. The most disgusting part about this is that NYT is saying we all need to subsidize this bullshit on the taxpayer's dime so businesses can have their cake and eat it to.

The continued attacks on average Americans are going to cause a collapse of the consumer demand base sooner or later, and all these hooknoses are too short sighted to see it.
>>
I'm 23 and make 25/hr machining with four years experience but no higher education experience. How fucked am I if I decide I want to do something else? I have to lead/train/babysit groups of people, deal with a ton paperwork and maintain inventory systems so the work is not completely one dimensional. My title at work makes me sound important too.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.