[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stealing is wrong but so is low pay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

So I'm a waiter at a simi nice restaurant. I averaged almost 12.25 an hour last year in tips.

My boss only pays me 2.14 an hour

And I'm thinking about stealing from my job but I don't know if it's worth it
>>
Here's the basics.

I can slap a gratuity on any bill thats over 6 or uses a BYOB coupon.
-I do not discriminate, I grat everyone

Here's the kicker:
-Turn coupons in at end of night

HOWEVER:
-bill is payed in cash
-take between 10% to 50% of bill
-pocket the difference
>>
Kicker part two

I also lose 10% of my tips to the kitchen. I actually have to tip them out based on my sales

Now obviously I'll need to turn coupons in to justify the reduced bill so I can pocket the difference.
>Two coupons we accept are not tangible - huge leak
There's also a detailed server report that shows every interaction.
>I can't just discount every cash sale or too obvious

I was thinking about stealing enough to bump my base pay to min wage. So about 500 a month
>>
Look you know what the risk involved with it is, we have no idea. If you think being charged with stealing is with $500 a month go for it, I probably would do it. Just know that if you get caught good luck getting any job in the same city.
>>
>>1799143
Why don't you develop skills needed for a better job?
>>
>>1799143
Low pay is not wrong... Jesus christ /biz/...

Learn basic economics.

You are paid in direct proportion to the value you create.

Your job is a low skill, easily replicable, and low intelligence level position.

THATS why you aren't getting paid.
>>
>>1799143
>>1799151
>>1799160
IIRC stealing more than $500 is a felony, so after two months you'd be looking at prison

also
>works in a min wage waiter job
>thinks he can really outsmart the boss when time comes for him to reconcile the finances and notices the missing cash

pls
>>
Get another job. You don't have to work there. You agreed to work your job for the money they offered.
>>
>>1799143
You bring a couple of plates to a table and drinks at an amazing slow pace. $2.14/hr sounds about right for that level of work, famalam
>>
>>1800000
Quints of truth
>>
>>1800786
/thread

put your cock in your pants boys we're going home
>>
>>1799143
12.25 is not bad pay for carrying plates, refilling drinks, and writing down food orders
>>
>>1800999
This.

What the fuck man I worked a $7.25 an hour job for years and I'm 21.

Fuck you OP.
>>
Just deliver pizza or chinese you fuckin dummy, made $24/hr this weekend delivering chinese
>>
>>1799143

My favorite bar in town. A few servers were shaving some money out of the system using a computer trick.

They all got arrested and got a bunch of charges. I think they are gonna do a little time.

Not worth it.

Oh one more thing, restaurant managers look very closely for theft in the staff.
>>
>>1799143
>american waiter
>gets paid mainly in tips
>avaraged 12.25 an hour last year
>still complain
You should be shot you entitled piece of shit.
>>
>>1801410
>>1800000

I tried the trick two days ago and made an extra 9 dollars.
Felt guilty as hell doing that too but got away with it and have worked since. I'm not sure I want to continue because I could get in trouble.

But I'm should if a person skimmed off the top let's say 1 out of every 7 cash interactions every other day. It'd be hard to catch is all
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.