[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wage gap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: money3.jpg (220KB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
money3.jpg
220KB, 1200x798px
>we are an equal opportunity employer, we don't discriminating on race, religion, gender, skin color, national origin, sexual orientation etc.

How come I'm paid a pittance while my American coworkers get all the dosh?

>we pay according to the market

sure but the market does discriminate. Further, if it underpays e.g poc or women (which it does btw) then it is magically okay to discriminate against them?

I'm all for discriminating against whoever you want, but you can't call yourself pc-sjw-equal-opportunity if you do that.
>>
They probably asked for more money during salary negotiations. If you feel you're being underpaid quit and go seek out more money elsewhere.
>>
>>1798230

If women really earned 70% of what men earn for the same work, male unemployment would be 100%.
>>
>>1798240
there is no negotiation, you are assigned a level and you get your salary according to that.
Except if you work from a 2nd world IP you get 1/5 of the money.

You are right, that is the only sensible course of action, but the the double standard is really unfair. Being shafted is one thing, pretending to be a force of good while you discriminate against your overseas workers is just pure disgusting. People are up in arms when it is about poc, women, muslims, immigrants etc, but (white/cis/male) remote workers can get fucked because hey, that is how we roll and they don't have any voice to speak up. The hypocrisy is mind blowing, but I'm sure they don't see it.

>>1798247
It is not about the actual numbers, this is me ranting on my blog, because although I'm right I can do nothing about it.
>>
>>1798247
You're confusing two different things.
The 70-cents-on-the-dollar number is based on women working in lower-paying fields, and is more benign.
There is evidence for an "equal work" pay gap, but it's more like 1%.
>>
>>1798275
You honestly think you're worth as much as a US worker? Are there any employers that actually follow your logic and pay some third worlder as much as someone stateside?
>>
>>1798361
>You honestly think you're worth as much as a US worker?

Indeed, I'm much better than most of my SV based coworkers who just chat about Trump on Slack all day.

Do you honestly think each and every US engineer worth 3-4-5x more than any remote worker?

>Are there any employers that actually follow your logic and pay some third worlder as much as someone stateside?

hence the hypocrisy
>>
>>1798230
If your really getting paid less for being female and not because of the perceived value you bring to the table then it is probably because of the following.

1. women tend to be less loyal to a company
2. likelihood of having a kid and taking time off/ risk of becoming less relevant
3. Your places is a sexiest place/you look young

Solutions: 1. Get some grey hair. Women who have a few grey hairs are much more likely to be given a promotion then men who have grey hair because it show that she has given her youth for the company.
2. Show your dedication to the company and make them aware of the value you add to the company.
3. learn golf and become friends with the higher ups as best you can
4. reevaluate the value you bring to the company vs the money they pay you, make sure the value they are giving is a lot and your not easily replaceable. When both of these things are true it you will have the leverage you need to renegotiate for a raise.

TLDR: Let your hair get grey/ don't try to look young, show your dedication, learn golf, get better at job, then renegotiate.
>>
>>1798230
>Further, if it underpays e.g poc or women
Your SOCJUS nonsense won't fly here. Leave the mental gymnastics at home or you'll never get ahead.
>>
>>1798247
BURN.

SAME WORK...

>gets a job pulling wells
>drill wells
>operate equipment
>buck large metal fittings all day
>etc...

Women have a pay gap because they sit in a mutherfucking office at best while men do men work.

Suck a fat dick women. You are lucky u even get to vote you retarded liberal bulllshit
>>
>>1798382
>Do you honestly think each and every US engineer worth 3-4-5x more than any remote worker?

Yes
>>
>>1798230

They have to say that, because discrimination for employment is illegal.
>>
>>1799200
Why do you say that? not OP, just wanna see your reasoning behind it.

also nice dubs nigguh
>>
>>1799090
You gotta be a special retard of some kind.
>>
>>1798230
Thank Keynesian economics and national deficits for the vendetta against your purchasing power. It's not the billionaires that make people work for less, it's the politically correct mob.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.