[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to be a journalist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0169.jpg (32KB, 560x262px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0169.jpg
32KB, 560x262px
I was just wondering, can I just rock up to emergency/police incidents or press conferences and say I'm with "_______ news" and be allowed to ask questions and stuff? Or do I need a license or have to be employed to do that shit?

The reason I ask, I own a local news website that gets thousands of views a day. But I'm obviously never the first onto breaking news n shit. What am I allowed/not allowed to do.
I'm from Australia
>>
>>1797660
Just try. In australia ignorance is a valid excuse for not knowing the law.
>>
Need a connection in America? I was thinking about buying a camera and filming chimpouts in my spare time. Could I make money doing this shit?
>>
>>1797813
Hey man OP here. I'm in the process of making money with it. I have a large following on Facebook and made a website which I link to it. I'm monetising the site so I get money for each view through ads. I'll let you know how much I earn :)
>>
>>1797660

That's fine but you are much better off going into the TV/Radio side of it. Don't just get a journalism degree, that would be a mistake.

Go for TV/Film production with a minor in journalism. Work as much student news as possible. Work reporting, filming, sound, editing. These are all valuable skills that can get you work.

If you don't become a reporter you can get a job as the camerman, the sound guy, a writer in the office, lots of stuff.

Good careers here, know some people in the industry. Not everyone gets to be a reporter but there are lots of other good jobs.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.