[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Investors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: images (1).jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
8KB, 300x168px
What's the quickest way to find investors/backers for a start up?
>>
>>1797589

At a bar
>>
>>1797593
Tried it, they back off when sober. Need a wider, more sober (but just as naive) audience.
>>
Investors? Pfff. Try crowd-sourcing, no obligations and control dilution required.
>>
>>1797589
FF&F: Friends, family and fools. That's the quickest way since you probably have all their mobile numbers at your finger tips and also the quickest way to get funding since they are less likely to insist on all sorts of paperwork that an institutional or "smart" investor would look for.

I would also try crowd funding. I'm an investment banker and have raised money for several start-ups. As a matter of fact, I've just raised £300K for one of my clients just yesterday and the money arrived in the bank just a few hours ago. Feels good, man. Anyway, I'm always surprised at how many start-ups I encounter that refuse to crowd-fund. If you ask me, my job is completely obsolete, especially when it comes to raising funds for start-ups. Our fees are ridiculous, too.
>>
>>1797617
I'm looking into marketing my product to some dummies to see if there is a viable market, and if so I will proceed with crowdfunding. Thanks for the advice.

Also (assuming you are an investment banker) would you have any advice for talking to an investment banker in my area?
>>
>>1797630
I don't know how big or small your company is but I will assume that it's fairly small. Also, I don't know how much money you're looking to raise but unless it's at least $500K or $1 million, even the smallest boutique investment banking firm is not going to waste their time taking you on as a client. Maybe you're better off talking to what's called a "business broker" or something like that. Maybe an independent "dealmaker" who's well-connected in investment circles and can introduce you to various potential investors and who will simply charge you a fee on the amount raised from anyone he's introduced you to.

If I was you, I'd avoid investment bankers If you do end up speaking to some anyway, DO NOT pay them any up-front or monthly retainers. Work with them on a success fee basis only. In other words, they only get paid once you get paid. I've come to realize that there is no perfect way to fully align the interests of investment bankers and their clients. Keep that in mind.
>>
>>1797678
Thank you for the productive advice anon, I will save this and use it just as productively. God speed and wish me luck.
>>
>>1797684
You're welcome, anon. Good luck! I'll be around for a little while if you have any other questions.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.