[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Golf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: golf.jpg (325KB, 1440x1000px) Image search: [Google]
golf.jpg
325KB, 1440x1000px
I've heard that knowing how to play golf is a good way to make friends in the office. My dad used to work in an office and was on the golf team and made a lot of good contacts for his network through it, both from his team and from others.

As a sophomore in college, how can I learn to golf? Are there workshops, lessons, or should I just take a swing at my local driving range every now and then and maybe talk to people there?
>>
I did the same at your age. Hated it, despite lots of trying.

But anyway here's what you do:
>buy some clubs and a bag ($500)
>get lessons in the summer

call a golf club and ask about lessons. Try to take 10 from a good pro.

Then pick up a few golf magazines, they have tips.

You need to at least be able to hit the ball square and drive it 100 yards if you are gonna play with other people, because if you can't hit the ball at all and go out with other guys they will get annoyed.

But yeah for business, sales, entreprenuership, golf can open many doors.
>>
>>1797409
Thanks man. Do you recommend any brands of clubs or is it kind of arbitrary for a beginner?
>>
>>1797781
As a beginner, get whatever, but when you start playing business, expect to have a nice set like Taylor Made. Think of it as an investment.
>>
>>1797409
You would be the laughing stock of the office if you could only drive it 100 yards. A man with normal strength should be able to drive it at least 200. hitting it square is more important yes.
>>
I really don't like golf but trying to learn it because some CEOs I know and their families are into it. It's boring, annoying, tedious and time consuming... But such is life.

>I don't mind the range though. Smacking stuff with a metal rod is fun.
>>
My dad told me businesses have less and less time to play golf and do private dinner shit because of how fast everything is. And im assuming only the higher ups would be doing golf.
>>
>>1797858
My dad plays golf all the time. His company also has a golf league that new hires are expected to join.

He goes out to California or Florida 2-3 x a year to spend a week playing golf with executives from other companies.

It is a dying trend, not because of how fast paced things are, but because of the pressure to for offices to become more diverse.

Now they go play whirleyball or laser tag some other stupid shit like that.
>>
>>1797781

Get some used clubs first, ones for your height.
>>
>>1797832

The guy who can hit it straight every time and does not slice is the most popular guy to play with.
>>
>>1797404
Golf is just a hollywood meme.

Real businessmen do deals over dinner in fancy restaurants all the time.
>>
>>1797912
Hope i get a business job when basketball or tennis is popular then.
>>
>>1797952
My thinking is that this has to do with more females and nerds being important people. My wife plays a pretty good game of golf but her peers always choose dinners. Shit is really annoying.
>>
>>1797952

I live in the southeast USA and golf is still very much a medium of business.

I predict this trend will fall off heavily in the next 20 years as no one will have the attention span for this game anymore.
>>
>>1797958
I think a good bit of companies have like rec basketball.

Golfs good because you talk while playing can't do that during basketball as much
>>
>>1798024
What industry are you in?
>>
>>1798059

sales babby
>>
It's fun but you have to play often to stay good at it and maintain the form. The margin between off and on is razor thin.
>>
>>1798138
I'm in Southeast want to hire me? I can sell and hate doing nerd shit so I'd much rather say shit like "sales baby" and I'm not being condescending or some shit I'm serious. I want to go into sales but haven't found anything yet I'm a senior accounting major with 2.1 gpa but have raised 250k for my Uni and its a big Uni
>>
>>1798163
It's more learning to play as a child than anything. Unfortunately OP's father didn't prepare his child properly for the world of business. Tiger Woods was forced by his military father to start playing at 3 and often until he started crying and his hands started blistering. No sense trying to jump into a game like that as an adult, it will just annoy other golfers more than make friends or business contacts. On the other hand, sometimes just hanging out at the clubhouse looking like a golfer is good enough.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.