[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is bank teller a good summer job to get as a college student?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Is bank teller a good summer job to get as a college student? Anyone here done it before? What's it like
>>
It's a decent summer job, sure. You're basically a glorified cashier. The computers handle all of the math, and these days, the computers even count the cash for you. Your primary job is to smile, and to push the right keys on the keyboard.

Its also a bit of a thankless job. Other than your business account holders, people who come into the branch these days are pretty much (a) old people, and (b) people with a problem or weird request. Old people get mad that you don't know they've been a customer of the bank for 40 years (even though you've only been working there 4 weeks) and complain when you ask for their ID. The problem cases will mostly be shunted to the managerial staff, but you have to keep your cool in the face of insulting assholes, because the "customer is always right" approach applies in bank branches too.

It's not really a job that has a bright future. There's not much opportunity to advance from teller to management, just like the cashiers at grocery stores seldom become store manager. But as a summer gig to pick up some beer money, it certainly looks better on the resume than 7-Eleven.
>>
>>1794838
Exactly what I'm interested in. I'm a second year accounting student and I think an actual bank job will look a whole lot better on a resume than various burger flippings and tourism gigs.
>>
>>1794818
As a former NEET and someone who now has a degree, CPA certification, and work for a big 4, I can't support this enough.

Totally got me out of my shell socially (being forced to interact with hundreds of different types of people all throughout the day) while exposing me to part of the financial system.

Do it. Other anon is right, you can't advance much in that position, but it's the skills you learn while working that will serve
>>
>>1794880
Thanks for the motivation, I have my heart set on a CPA as well.

They don't want much more than a HS diploma and some customer service experience right? (for the teller position I mean). If it helps my accounting grades have been A-grade so far.
>>
>>1794907
Youll be fine. They're always looking for people. As other anon said, its a thankless job. Youll be dealing with very sensitive, irate people, who may or may not be able to do basic math. Theres a lot of turnover.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.