[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Basketball money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: imgres.jpg (10KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
10KB, 200x150px
/biz/ pls help me make some money on basketball this year.

Im pretty new to sports betting, what are some safe bets this year?

im favoring Duke and Kentucky (as always, right?)

any insider info? or helpful hints?
>>
>>1794207
Bump for interest.
>>
>betting on mainstream sport
>>
>>1794270
should i be betting on the up and coming ultimate frisbee leagues?

i feel like it has to be "mainstream" otherwise other people wont be betting on it too
>>
bumpppp
>>
>>1794207
Here's the key to gambling. Ask anyone and they'll agree. Really, ask in other places; they'll tell you:

Don't look for who you think will win. Look for who is underestimated.

You can make more money betting an 11 to beat a 6 than you can by betting the overall winner, if you do your research and conclude that the 11 is the better team.

Also, as anon indicated, by the same token you can make far more by betting on mis-priced Thai junior women's soccer than you can on March Madness. But do what you like.
>>
>>1794280
>i feel like it has to be "mainstream" otherwise other people wont be betting on it too
Unless you are looking for volume on an exchange, why exactly do you care what other people are betting on? Fact is Bookmakers will have mainstream sports priced better.
>>
Kentucky has won 1 champion in the last 20 years, and having a mediocre year, how the fuck is that a favorite? Duke has no chance this year either, their highly touted freshman class turned out to be dog shit. There's no dominant team this year so your best bet as always is a team with superior senior guard play and has winning history in March, there are only about 12-13 teams that have a shot at the champions at a yearly basis: Kentucky and Duke already out, UNC is a fairly good final four bet but not championship material imo, guard play not as good as last year's; UCLA has good guard play but too young, and hasn't won shit for 10 years, final four ceiling; Kansas has a decent shot at the championship, but they choked more than any other powerhouses; UCONN & MSU are not gonna make the tourney this year unless miracle happens, these are the 2 best March Madness teams, always overachieve; Louisville has a good shot at the final four unless they meet UVA on the way there; Syracuse is a sneaky good bet if they can make a run from now till tourney time, senior backcourt, winning history in March, but defense is suspect this year; Villanova is probably the safest bet, but if you followed them you would know that they actually choked pretty often until last year; Virginia probably not gonna reach the final four, defense is always there but offense is not; Arizona has won shit since 2001, maybe they finally break through? Florida is not gonna win shit in the foreseeable future. And there you have it, don't even bother with the rest of the teams not matter how high they rank.
>>
>>1794650
bummppp more info like this
>>
>>1794650
Oh wow pal nice info I'm sure the bookies don't know this already and haven't priced it in!
>>
>>1795999
Odds to Win 2016-17 NCAA Men's Tournament (4/3/17)
School Odds
Gonzaga 8/1
Duke 9/1
Kansas 9/1
North Carolina 10/1
Villanova 10/1
UCLA 11/1
Kentucky 12/1
Arizona 15/1
Oregon 15/1
Louisville 16/1
Virginia 22/1
Florida 25/1
Florida State 25/1
West Virginia 28/1
Baylor 30/1
Wisconsin 30/1
Cincinnati 35/1
Maryland 35/1
Purdue 35/1
Notre Dame 50/1
Creighton 60/1
Syracuse 65/1
Butler 75/1
Connecticut 100/1
Michigan State 100/1

Not everything is priced in the odds faggot, you can listen to me or you can blow you money on Gonzaga, stay pleb
>>
>>1796086
>fractional
Wewwww lad
>>
>>1794207

The single most unpredictable sport on earth to bet is college basketball.

So....

For noob betters I recommend NFL or NBA. Or if you are familiar with euro stuff bet on soccer.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.