[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

transporting used cars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: honad.jpg (122KB, 2271x1239px) Image search: [Google]
honad.jpg
122KB, 2271x1239px
i recently got in the business of selling used cars. i live in the south and the same cars go for a lot more money up north. does anyone know how much it would cost to rent a car transporter (or two) and fully load it with compact cars and sedans?
i want to transport between 10-20 cars at a time, and the only information i can find is for transporting a single car.
does /biz/ have any experience in this area?
>>
>>1793913
>i live in the south and the same cars go for a lot more money up north.

*Wrong*
From someone who knows this business I know that the opposite is true, the further south you take them the more they appreciate value, if you take them all the way down to Mexico you can sell a clunk for real bucks.

You're dumb and don't even know your own market
>>
>>1793952
he means the rust belt

>>1793913
are you selling them to a car lot? Do you have a place to live while you sell several used cars?
Just wait until you are done with your car, take a road trip to chicago, spend a week and sell it then take a train home.
>>
>>1793962
i have property that i can store the cars on, so i'm not concerned about having a place to keep them.
it's just not practical trying to drive a dozen or more cars back and forth by myself.
>>
>>1793962
i sell cars to private individuals and not car lots.
>>
>>1793913
Why don't you call an auto transport service and ask? How would we know how much it costs? It all depends on a variety of factors.

I find it hilarious that you idiots think you have what it takes to start a successful business, yet you have to ask the business board of hamster enthusiast forum for answers to questions that anyone with a shred of knowledge could figure out on their own.

Literally pick up a fucking phone and call a carrier service.
>>
>>1794009
/thread
>>
>>1793913

Here's a thought. And I'm serious here.

Why not pay someone to drive each car?

If it's just a day's drive, pay each driver $100. Then pack everyone in a rental van that you rent and drive everyone back.

You could easily find day laborers for the job. Get a photo of them, a photo of their ID, and their SS#.
>>
>>1794050
I was just going to say this because it's literally what I did when I worked day labor in college.

OP, just ask a day labor place. You could go outside a temp agency for less, Temp agencies charge a lot, but you'd have more liability issues if you just put out a Craigslist add.
>>
>>1793952
You are full of shit.

Also, cost for a fully loaded car transporter is about $3000 from a sourthern state like AZ or NM to somewhere like IL or MI. It depends a lot on where you are moving the cars to and from.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.