[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inheritance dilemma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: raquesthouse2lores.jpg (32KB, 421x421px) Image search: [Google]
raquesthouse2lores.jpg
32KB, 421x421px
>Minimum wage pleb here, in my late thirties, no kids, no debt, 18k in the bank, 5k on a poker site. (Former neet)
>Inherited a dilapidated house worth 200k
>I own 66.7%.
>Two cunts want their 33.3% share right now forcing me into a decision.
>Sell house, take money, move to a cheap place/country and work on my creative freelance business full time (making art lol), earn little, be happy, win or lose on my own terms, no debt and no house.
>Get a 200-300k loan for a complete renovation and pay off cunts and stay stuck in wagecuck pleb race (maybe I move up in a few years) with a 30 year mortgage noose around my neck (monkey with a long tail) but I have a cool house that the bank owns and live an adult life and let got of pipe dreams, obey giants and be a yes man.

what say /biz/
>>
>>1793894
So you own 66% of the value of the house?
>>
>>1793927

dude what the fuck does that even mean? why is /biz/ so retarded when it comes to RE?

If more than one person owns the estate there are only three types of tenancy we can be talking about, a tenancy by entirety (married couple) or joint tenancy (50/50, 70/30, etc), with the right of survivorship. Finally a tenancy in common, what OP prolly has.

Regardless of their shares, all tenants are entitled to the use, possession and enjoyment of the entire property.
>>
>>1793894
option one dude.

be free with money, not dealing w cunts.
>>
>>1793894
>Get a 200-300k loan for a complete renovation and pay off cunts and stay stuck in wagecuck pleb race (maybe I move up in a few years) with a 30 year mortgage noose around my neck (monkey with a long tail) but I have a cool house that the bank owns and live an adult life and let got of pipe dreams, obey giants and be a yes man.

If youre a min wage pleb, is this really what you want to do till your 60s? Move further off to country side with good internet and be comfy.
>>
>>1793894
>presents two options
>makes one seem absolutely perfect
>makes the other seem awful
>"hurr durr gee biz wat do"

fuck off
>>
>>1793894

So. I have some RE experience and a little legal experience. I think you need to pick up the phone and call a RE agent and you need to pick up the phone and call a lawyer.

But, my opinion is:

You control 66.6% of the property meaning you have all the say, all the power, the 33.3 guys are only entitled to the profits of what you do or don't do. So they need to wait their turn. BUT 2 key things here: (1) Inheritences get fucked OFTEN and someone legally entitled to something ends up with nothing then has to spend months in court against a blood relative, and it sucks (2) I know a good bit about the house flipping game, and it costs much more to fix up a house than many people realize. And if you don't really know then you need to have a few contractors go out and give you estimates. Sometimes its literally cheaper to bulldoze the house and sell the land then it is to fix up the house.

So legally I think you are in the drivers seat, but practically I think you should sell the house, split up the cuts and go on with your life.

Pics of the house?
>>
>>1793894
Do you have the means to just buy them out, ie give them 67k in cash, and you can then spend time on the house to increase its value?
>>
File: Big Business 02.jpg (98KB, 864x951px) Image search: [Google]
Big Business 02.jpg
98KB, 864x951px
>>1793894
Do the first option.

Live free.
>>
>>1793894
Talk to a lawyer first, but refinance the house for 67,000 or less, enjoy your roughly 320/month house payment, fix it at your leisure yourself, put like, 20,000 in over time, sell house for 300,000 when done. Even better, talk cunts into taking 25,000 each for getting paid immediately and only pay about 250/month.
>>
lawyers ask 150€ just for information
law says whoever wants out can force a sale
if it goes to court and i lose, house will be auctioned off, cunts don't care if everyone loses money
i need a long term contract in order to refinance, i have a short term minimum wage one
>>
>>1796619
Sounds like a massive headache and you probably don't have the means to finance a remodeling of a dilapidated house.

Sell it, and free yourself of that burden and the headaches of having family bitch at you. Better than selling yourself on a pipe dream of remodeling the home when you didn't mention that you were a handyman or financially stable enough to afford the materials.

Free yourself, and stop trying to milk what is essentially a gift. You'll be glad you did when it's all said and done.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.