[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want too pretend to have been a Harvard dropout for social

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: HoughtonHall_p280-281.jpg (121KB, 1432x974px) Image search: [Google]
HoughtonHall_p280-281.jpg
121KB, 1432x974px
I want too pretend to have been a Harvard dropout for social climbing purposes.

Basically, I plan to research campus life and whatever throwaway humanities thing I'll pretend to have dropped out of, and then mention having gone to Harvard "for a while" to people likely to care about something like that. I'll be able to talk the talk and without claiming to have a degree, it should be more or less unfalsifiable.

It hinges on one key thing: are all enrolled students a matter of public record in universities? Could I get caught out?
>>
>>1793815
>*to

Not making the best first impression, am I?
>>
>>1793815
You'd get caught fast. Meet one alumni who matches to when you should've been there and you're ruined. Yes, almost all Alumni are online in their own database. Why would you pretend to have gone somewhere, that's retarded.
>>
File: FatManInPinkHat.jpg (145KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
FatManInPinkHat.jpg
145KB, 1024x768px
Very stupid idea. Once you get the reputation of being from a particular school, other people from that school are likely to seek you out. All it takes is meeting one real Harvard grad to expose you, then you'll be socially ruined.
>>
>>1793851
Damn. Even paper records would have bothered me.
Are you sure that all students are logged and not just graduates? Alumnus usually implies graduate.

As for why, it's purely social. I'm cuckoo's-egging my way into the upper middle class tribe.
If this way isn't viable, I will find another.

>>1793854
That's a concern. But I would chose a subject with a fairly large number of people in the lecture hall and little in the way of group projects.
"I tended to keep my head down back then."
>>
>>1793891
No, all Alumni in the same town know each other. Trust me. As for the Alumni database, they can always ask there on the forums (Yes Harvard Alumni have a forum as far as I remember) on does anyone know you and eventually someone will run you through a TA or a guy who is now a professor. All they have to ask you is which house you were in anyway or they will call Grossman Library and see have you ever published anything in anywhere at Harvard.
>>
>>1793891
>I'm cuckoo's-egging my way into the upper middle class tribe.

It's not a very smart move desu. Seems to me like whatever you do you're going to be found out as a tryhard. Being upperclass is not learned, at best you're a new rich and everybody despise you for it.

If you really want to fit in, I guess the only way is to show real success, be yourself and be proud of it. That's assuming you've got anything to be proud off though. And even then, you gain acknowledgement, that's about it.
>>
>>1793815
Nobody will believe you. And going there for "a while" means absolutely nothing. People will easily be able to figure you out just based on your mannerisms.
>>
File: Talented_mr_ripley.jpg (22KB, 236x350px) Image search: [Google]
Talented_mr_ripley.jpg
22KB, 236x350px
>>1793891
I like what you're trying to do, it's passionate and out of the ordinary. Real life isn't like the movies though, there are so many ways for someone to just check if it adds up, and you will be completely and utterly destroyed socially if people find out you're trying so hard that you construct a lie this big. It's not cool to care that much and when people inevitably find out you'll have dug yourself into a hole instead of clibing upwards in the social hierarchy
>>
>>1793815
the fact that you're considering lying about going to harvard means you're a dipshit and would be sniffed out quickly by smart people

smart people would be disgusted by you. definitely wouldn't be climbing very high up the ladder. you're a fuckboy btw
>>
Everyone pretty much knows Harvard is a shit-show who goes out of their way to accept students that are non white males because they're Marxist commies like all the other colleges

You have to have serious connections as a white guy to get into Harvard and it's not like anyone there is genuinely smart anyway besides the kikes.
>>
>>1793891
Sounds like you have never attended university.
Every university has an online portal for students, and of course undergraduates have access (and are therefore registered there).
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.