[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there money in Biotechnology/Genetic engineering? Hear me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Genetic Modification.jpg (41KB, 450x486px) Image search: [Google]
Genetic Modification.jpg
41KB, 450x486px
Is there money in Biotechnology/Genetic engineering?

Hear me out; Just imagine creating a slave race of freaks or an army of Frankensteins. Or along the lines of making a human immune to the radiation of space allowing them to mine resources in space. Or simple menial consumer shit where some guy wants to give himself viper eyes or some girl wants to Bio-luminescent. Hell even a zoo for completely new species created.

Is there money in it? Even though majority of the population probably would disagree with it, could we have something in it?

In /v/ terms, umbrella corporation resident evil and what not. Or in Jurassic park terms; playing god.
>>
dont do it op if you want money do something else

Im studying life sciences right now and now im rethinking my lifechoices

The jobmarket is slim, theres a loy of competition due heavy amount of pajeets and chinks

already 3 years in and theres no way out, by the time i do something else im 27 im fucksd
>>
>>1793569
you will be making crop seeds that produce infertile crops with superior yield and resistance.

you will only touch a mammal when you feed it to some mice.
>>
You should try /sci/ before thinking about making money. Genetic engineering is not that simple and you can't just "give yourself viper eyes". That's not how it works, and investing in things without even knowing how it works is extremely dangerous.

There was a thread about biotechnology, and the general consensus is that we won't have organic slaves because you have to grow them during years, feed them, train them (think about dogs) to do basic shit. A robot is way more simple to build and can be programmed at will : once you have the required configurations for your task, you can copy the program on thousands of robots. You can't do that with organic beings.
>>
>>1793575

I'm talking about investing into the sector.

>>1793582
>>1793583

So realistically the money is in transhumanism then? Deus Ex, cyborgs augmented humans cyberpunk shit.
>>
>>1793585
>So realistically the money is in transhumanism then?

I wouldn't say that. The biggest problem to the development of terminators and nanobots is energy. We could power nanobots using RFID radio frequences, but for bigger things (a bionic arm needs energy) you just can't use lithium batteries because they still need to be recharged.

Just invest in carpets
>>
>>1793590
>The biggest problem to the development of terminators and nanobots is energy.
this
we might be able to make nanobots move in an energized field in a tank and that will boost out medical capability greatly. and it's probably for the better if the nanobots can't sustain operations outside the field.
>>
>>1793583
>consensus is that we won't have organic slaves because you have to grow them during years, feed them, train them (think about dogs) to do basic shit.

We already do that with cattle & pets.

Ontopic it's uncharted lands -high risk with uncertain returns. If you can be the guy who invests in the project that makes a breakthrough great, if not you just wasted your money. So it's only a good idea with very deep pockets to survive the initial failure.

Outside of that the current real approach is selling better babies - you take the parents seeds&eggs, fertilize in virto and select the best sample with the least defects. Bonus feature is selecting hair color etc. Next step is obviously modification. The mother also doesn't even have to carry the pregnancy - they just get cheap surogate mothers from poor regions.
>>
>>1793569
>Just imagine creating a slave race of freaks
but we already have Chinks
>>
>>1793973
That's why I love you /biz/
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.