[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Top gear furniture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

Do you think there is still money to be made in producing automotive top gear style furniture? I would aim at offering it firstly to companies such as dealerships, detailing companies, and at the end to normal people. In US there may be few manufacturers, but here in EU (FR/DE/CZ) I haven't seen much
>>
File: 141107004236.jpg (23KB, 760x384px) Image search: [Google]
141107004236.jpg
23KB, 760x384px
>>
File: engine-block-coffee-table.jpg (16KB, 480x386px) Image search: [Google]
engine-block-coffee-table.jpg
16KB, 480x386px
>>
>>1792176
Dealerships and automotive-themed restaurants might be interested.

Although, I live in the "hick" state and don't see furniture like this anywhere.
>>
>>1792198
And now comes the question whether there is simply no demand or noone has tried offering it
>>
So I assume there'd be no interest?
>>
They're cool as a niche item, but I don't think that even most dealerships would want one unless they specialized in exotics. The average person making a car purchasing decision is a 45-54 year old rural/suburban caucasian woman. Those types of people would rather have a comfortable "traditional" purchasing experience, at least for now.

Custom furniture with a wider industrial look might be cool, but even then there's no guarantees - the Top Gear furniture might have been a one-off.
>>
>>1792176
I think you have to consider the price point and then determine distribution. Car dealers are cheap and and won't buy floor samples. You would have to consign the furniture. If I were doing it I think I'd sell at upscale craft shows and auto shows and try to build an online presence with a niche following. Maybe even see if a furniture store would sublease you some Floor space. Trying to get it into a dealership would be too frustrating and you'd be constantly knocking on doors. You want to have a more direct route to the consumer. I've been in furniture my whole life and it's a very slow moving business and since 911 the industry is in the toilet. Not to mention that everything's imported now and the dollar is strong which means that the retail Market is extremely weak and believe me it shows. Supply has literally out stripped demand. Forewarned is forearmed... just saying.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.