[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Niche website

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 111036_b7cc_8.jpg (23KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
111036_b7cc_8.jpg
23KB, 750x422px
>create a niche website for a marketable industry (whatever this is, but something that's present everywhere)
>create original and well-connected content
>perform several iterations of usability and SEO optimization using Analytics' feedback
>build a decent amount of traffic
>sell many geo-localized ads (not AdSense, but directly with the advertiser)

Of course this requires plenty of effort and time. But would it work?

Is there something I'm missing before I start?

Shatter my dreams, /biz/.
>>
>>1790203
You won't be able to find a good niche and even if you do, the chances are that your site will actually be successful are so slim it's sad
>>
>>1790217
My goal would be to make around 3500 dollars a month.

I've seen people make twice as that, so I'm not sure it's that unlikely. I think the key is selling directly to advertisers, and not AdSensecucking.
>>
>>1790221
original and high quality content is the key. zero chance with duplicated or average content.

I know. I've tried a lot.
>>
>>1790203

I mean, yeah, it'll work if you're good and get traffic and ad contracts.
Obviously the idea behind its making money is solid, but you need to look at or think about specific numbers.

>How much traffic is "a decent amount"?
>Is that (specific) amount reasonably attainable?
>How much money are you going to charge businesses to advertise on your site?
>How many ads are going to be on your site?
>Is it realistic to assume the advertiser will pay this amount to advertise to that many people (or fewer, considering ads are geo-localized)?

Like, this idea has been done thousands of times before. Of course it works. Of course it's solid. Of course it makes money. Businesses advertise on websites all the time.

The issue is not ever with the idea behind how it makes money. It's all, 100%, about realistic expectations about your market and proper execution.

You don't even know what market it is, so nobody can tell you if it's a good or bad idea.
>>
>>1790265
Yes, that goes without saying. That's because Google's algorithm is sophisticated enough to tell whether something's copied or shit quality, and, in return, whether promote it or demote it from the search results. And that's where most of the organic traffic comes from, so it's not something you want to mess with.

But then again, the key, I believe, is not to conform with what AdSense gives you (which most people do). That's the "comfortable way".

>>1790282
That's what I wanted to hear. Advertising is basically what moves the internet and gives Google 97% of it returns, so it should be solid, even if it's getting more difficult every day.

And I've been investigating which markets are more profitable.

Which are available all over the world. Which are the industries where advertisers are more willing to spend big bucks. Which are the least saturated markets. Etc.
>>
>>1790217

You're fucking sad. My fucking 55yo mum created some small website in a niche for a friends 2 years ago. It grew a lot even though she hardly speak english and never ran a business before. 80K profit this year for 15hours a week.
>>
>>1790393
Thanks your input, anon.

In defense of the OP of that post, I was asking for rough/realistic opinions, in order to get a reality check.

Both of you are probably right.
>>
>>1790203
Any more tips/warnings?
>>
>>1790203
Bump for interest
>>
>>1790221
>selling directly to advertisers
you'll need good and consistent numbers for them to bother. you also need information on who your visitors are.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.