[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the medical meme worth the money + time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Wave Sierra A.jpg (25KB, 490x310px) Image search: [Google]
Wave Sierra A.jpg
25KB, 490x310px
Hi anons, I'm about halfway done with college but I have to declare my major next sem.
The problem is that I don't know what to shoot for and if it's worth my time.
Anyways greentext:
>be me
>be azn
>azn parents force you into medical meme because "muh cozy job security"
>will defund me if I go anywhere else
>do not really like medicine
>like CS meme / Robotics but terrible at math
>CS / Robotics meme reqs Calc I-III, Physics I-II, Eng courses
>Parents argue prahjeets and other chinks will outsource me, cs/robotics is less stable than med because people always get sick, etc.

I'm either going to end up training around 5+ years for a job that I was forced to do or risk myself trying to go CS with student loan and cripple math skills.

Pls help anon next sem is coming fast
If I end up going for the med meme which is better? Pharmacy (shorter years) or Radiology/General doctor (longer)?
>>
Go pharma, brah. Don't both pharma and med school require calc 1 and 2 though?
>>
>>1789369
Being an actual physician is way better. Zero unemployment and you make 3x as much
>>
Pharm is a go-nowhere job. You'll max out on pay and responsibility in your first year.

Also, you'll need big math for CS so if you don't like that, stay away.

And being a doctor certainly isn't what it used to be either. Radiology has been outsourced to India in many cases, so I'd stay away from that.

Get into anesthesiology, that's the way to go.
>>
>>1791304
I mean I researched Pharmacy and it's great because there's so many Wallgreens, CVS, Costcos everywhere that I can move wherever they max pay and I can stay employed in another retail or hospital if I get kicked.

Thanks, I guess I won't take CS.
What do you mean being a doctor isn't what it's used to be?
I understand Radiology has been outsourced to India, but many hospitals do not trust or rely on Indian doctors who don't have the same credentials in the US. They are actually looked poorly upon just like programmers / call centers in India.
>>
>>1789378
I can tank Calc 1 and Calc 2 at my community college since the professors are easier there than at Uni where they don't give a damn who you are and there are 100s if not almost 1000 students prof have to deal with on a daily basis.

>>1791220
Being a physician requires me to stay longer for specialty training. Radiology is a specialty.
>>
>>1789369
>asian
>bad at math
Just kill yourself, you bring shame upon your family.
>>
File: 1454182229137278185.jpg (269KB, 807x807px) Image search: [Google]
1454182229137278185.jpg
269KB, 807x807px
>>1789369
Would you consider becoming a mortician? It's a respectable career where you can earn as much as a doctor. But you can become one in the U.S. with as little as a couple years in college plus a license and local certification. You could be making good money much sooner and easier without the financial handicap of paying massive debts for med school.

It's probably way less stressful too, your "patients" are dead and you're far less likely to be sued. Job security for morticians is guaranteed in the U.S., the baby boomer population bubble is destined to be dying off this generation.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.