[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just changed auto insurance providers. Was astounded to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: InsuranceCoverage.jpg (1MB, 3648x2048px) Image search: [Google]
InsuranceCoverage.jpg
1MB, 3648x2048px
So I just changed auto insurance providers. Was astounded to get the exact same policy for over 60% lower price.

When my new insurance company originally quoted me, they had my info confused with my father who I share my name with. Once my identity was clarified the quote dropped drastically.

My question is /biz/, is a 60% rate decrease a normal thing, and if not is it possible my old insurer had my info mixed up with my father.

How could I find this out and what recourse would I have?
>>
>>1787413
Ask them for your money back
>>
>>1787461

If they fucked up I certainly will. I just don't know how to go about finding out if they actually fucked up. I suspect they'd be less than forthcoming if I simply called them and asked
>>
>>1787413
there is no recourse for this kind of thing.

If you end up in small claims court you foot the bill for it on your end which will most likely be more than anything you get back.

Besides, your parents most likely set you up under their account as child of parent in plan meaning you had your own identity.

When another company assesses your viability via credit check, they came across both of you at same address and picked one. This means they have a high chance of making a mistake here rather than your former company doing so. This is especially because they were only doing a quote which isn't fact checking.

As for a rate decrease. This is normal Once you get out of a certain age group for insurance your rate will go down quite a bit. It is really high for teenagers and lower for adults in most cases.

You say your policy is exactly the same, but I would check your deductible to make sure it is the same. If it is, then just be glad.

I went from 220 a month to 43 a month just by picking more appropriate coverage and escaping my parents expensive company.
>>
>>1787633

I don't completely agree with you.

Sure, maybe he can't do anything in court but it's worth a try talking to your adviser. If the whole family is insured for years there, they don't want to lose them, they don't want to be that company that scammed people, they win enough as is.

Just talk about it with them, clarify the situation and explain that everyone in your family will just move insurance provider. If that guy is right and package are different, you can bet they will explain to you every details.
>>
>>1787633

Thanks for the reply. Just to clarify though, I had my own insurance I wasn't under anyone's account. I'm 27 years old, just kept that address to keep rates lower.

My old insurance company was sending statements to my uncle's address for some reason, also.

I only looked into other companies because my rates were increasing despitre getting older and having no infractions or accidents.

New policy is exactly the same, and I'm certain the new company has my identity correct.

If they have me confused with my father or uncle that would be thousands I've overpaid over half a decade. You know damn well if they under billed thousands they'd hound you for it lol.
>>
>>1787413

Time to lawyer up
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.