[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Winklevoss Bitcoin ETF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

***January 20***
>former Winklevoss attorney says ETF approval on March 11 is unlikely
>reason: "95% of bitcoin volume is in China"

***January 24***
>People's Bank of China cracks down on fake Chinese volumes
>result: turns out only 30% of bitcoin volume is in China (on par with the US and Japan)

Sooo... thoughts?
>>
File: C4KQh4CVMAU5BX2.jpg:large.jpg (128KB, 1764x834px) Image search: [Google]
C4KQh4CVMAU5BX2.jpg:large.jpg
128KB, 1764x834px
Current bitcoin volumes by currency.
>>
Bitcoin ETF soon and price goes 10k$
>>
http://www.coindesk.com/two-chinas-biggest-exchanges-stop-bitcoin-withdrawals/

Chinese government further lowering Chinese volumes, lol.

Just in time to favorably influence the March 11 ETF decision I guess.
>>
>>1786657
Mind explaining how an etf that tracks the price of something could cause that underlying price of something to go up? Or are you bagholding?
>>
>>1786992
>Mind explaining how an etf that tracks the price of something could cause that underlying price of something to go up? Or are you bagholding?
The index fund will have to buy more bitcoins if the ETF becomes more popular since they have to distribute more shares without diluting the NAV.
>>
>>1787008
That's not how closed-end funds work but okay.
>>
>>1787029
>That's not how closed-end funds work but okay.
>Bitcoin ETF
>closed-end
>>
>>1787037
>http://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/080116/how-oil-etfs-perform-relative-oil-price-uso-szo.asp

Read, think about it, apply it.
>>
>>1787045
>http://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/080116/how-oil-etfs-perform-relative-oil-price-uso-szo.asp
>Posting a unrelated post about futures
Please educate yourself the difference between an ETF and CEF.
>>
>>1786514

What the fuck is even the point of a crypto ETF?

That defeats the entire purpose of crypto, assuming you believe it has purpose beyond being a speculative commodity.

Might as well just buy physical gold or VOO instead.

Any kind of crypto index is going to be 100% ponzi
>>
>>1787145
dont they need your id to trade cryptos or something? i am na nocoiner and dont even know how to work a wallet its all weird stuff for me, prefer to buy a speculative etf for this :)
>>
>>1787145
Only point is to get normies involved, thus increasing exposure, influx of capital, etc.

Price will boost, leading to more exposure, etc.
>>
>>1787145
>assuming you believe it has purpose beyond being a speculative commodity.
Christ anon, do you stare at your feet as you walk too?

As more people use bitcoin, the price goes up and volatility goes down.
That's when it becomes a currency.

But if you want to actually make money off bitcoin, now is the time to take the risk.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.