[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are some actual good degrees to get im doing a generic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: tswift.jpg (274KB, 900x1098px) Image search: [Google]
tswift.jpg
274KB, 900x1098px
what are some actual good degrees to get

im doing a generic business degree atm but I feel like im wasting my potential and could be doing something better like pharmacology, engineering, or physics

what are some non-meme degrees I could switch to that will pay off?
>>
>>1785122
Most users here say a stem degree would be useless or higher education is nothing you need to become rich (or at least live a comfortable life).
Imho you should study at a university. Not only to become a professional whatever, but also broaden your mind.

Btw many successful business men studied stem subjects and started with an industry job medium entry level before they started their own business. And don't do that chip chink shit from china thing. Not worth the effort and too many doing it. Better get techniscal skills. Good luck!
>>
>>1785159
>imho you should study at a university.

I am but what should I study exactly I'm currently doing MIS but it's piss retarded easy and every single business course even the higher level ones are complete jokes that all boil down to the same formula: can you talk to people and see patterns in customer behavior

>Btw many successful business men studied stem subjects

I realize this, I was looking for a set of which stem subjects are worthwhile to pursue
>>
>>1785182
(former zOvWBXmL, have been offline buying pizza)

> I realize this, I was looking for a set of which stem subjects are worthwhile to pursue
Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics, Bio Chemistry, ... are for fun and profit (list not complete).

You should check what you like and then try it out. I switched my subject twice before i found what I like.

> I am but what should I study exactly I'm currently doing MIS but it's piss retarded easy and every single business course even the higher level ones are complete jokes that all boil down to the same formula: can you talk to people and see patterns in customer behavior

I know what you mean. I had some of those "entrepreneurship" courses and other business related stuff. That's were I agree with those I mentioned before. It's totally not worth to study it (and not really useful in practice). If you want to learn about it better read some books and talk to successful people in industry.
>>
>>1785270
>You should check what you like and then try it out. I switched my subject twice before i found what I like.

This is my biggest problem though, I can't find something that "sticks." After you switched subjects how did you know that the one you ended up getting a degree in was the one for you? You simply thought it was fun but challenging? Enjoyed it despite the rigor of the courses?
>>
>>1785286
I studied each of the first two subjects for one year. Each one had classes I enjoyed - material testing was fun, assembly technologies, programming. Then I switched to mechatronics. Doing my master now.
I your university has a class management system you can check the lecture notes of professors' whose lectures sound interesting. Found out on this way I don't want to study CS. And talk to other students.
>>
>>1785122
Ms.Paint degree is best degree
>>
Engineering, Study programming seriously as well
>>
I'm 18 and I live in Melbourne. I'm good with language/writing and sound/music. Any recommendations? I was going to pursue graphic design but the industry is way too saturated so I'm thinking about doing sound engineering instead. I've already gotten about 5 years of practice so I should be able to compete, but if there are any courses that will actually get me work I would love to know. Please help me out.
>>
>>1785122
It isn't the degree you pick so much as the following:

>don't be a retard go learn something
This is why stem is big, if you don't learn you'll fail.
>get "experience" through internships
>get resume fodder through projects or undergrad research
>get connections, this means students, professors, and the guys from your internship

Bonus points:
>>1785182
Your IT degree is likely shit but you can likely get into some sort of pathways internship with a big company. If you do this they will tour you through the company's IT. Make friends and listen to the advice of atleast one department so they can hire you.
>>
>>1786609
Oh and particular to IT. Go get :certs: or try to build something and slap it on your resume. Saying you were able to build a LAMP stack or saying you've at least tried all FREE M$ student editions of servers will put you ahead of the kids who were playing vidya 24/7 and thought they were "good at IT" because the classes were easy.
>>
>>1785122
Getting a PharmD basically guarantees you a $120K job right out of school but it is extremely rigorous and one fuck up can mean an end to your career. And when I say it is rigorous, I mean that one integrated PharmD program l know suffered 60% attrition. It's like basically going to med school.
>>
>>1786600
I'm also in Melbourne and have a mate who studied sound engineering.
The work is extremely hard to find, low paid for the skill required (due to saturation) and is usually at unsociable hours. On top of that he wasn't able to find full time sound engineering work for about three or so years after graduating.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.