[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

private prisons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: prison-cells_575.jpg (155KB, 575x350px) Image search: [Google]
prison-cells_575.jpg
155KB, 575x350px
Are private prisons the future?
>Seems like they will get expinential growth as long as they keep getting contracts
>USA is becoming more right wing so no left wing liberals to try to slow them down or hinder them with legislature
>Thinking of investing in CXW
>>
>>1782958
>USA is becoming more right wing
kek

you should bet your life savings on it and see how that turns out for you.
>>
>>1782958
>left wing liberals

No crime will be illegal by 2030

All criminals will be re branded as "victims" where they will stay at nice comfy Safe Spaces where they will not be tricked by the BIG BAD MAN to commit more violent crimes.
>>
>>1782967
they just elected a republican president, with a far right wing cabinet. the most dominantly republican congress since 1929? is this a troll or do you just see protests in big cities and think the entire U.S is like that
>>
>>1782984
none of those elections reflect the majority of americans.

not one.

if you want to know the direction the country is heading you should probably look at actual statistics. Or just ask anyone older than 30.
>>
>>1782958
Yes, it's called real estate
>>
>>1782991
you are retarded on some next level shit
i don't give a fuck about statistics or how the majority of the country thinks. I don't care about the protests or fucking celebrities or Gen X
I care about whos making the legislature for the foreseeable future
>>
>>1782984
Lol
>Trump
>Traditionally right-wing
Pick one. The Republican party has shifted around so many of its policies over the past few years just to conflict with anything the Democrats say it's not even funny.
>>
>>1783048
>I care about whos making the legislature for the foreseeable future
like I said, bet your savings on it and see what happens.

personally I think fools SHOULD be parted from their money.
>>
>>1783056
well, CXW jumped from $14.19 on nov 8th to $20.31 on nov 9th so clearly their is faith that they will get more federal contracts with Trump.

But I guess this whole thread got derailed into politics. Nice. I expect nothing from /biz/ and im still let down.
>>
>>1782991
Dude the statistics said trump had a 5% chance of winning too.
>>
>>1783076
>Dude the statistics said trump had a 5% chance of winning too.
yep.
and if you bet against them you made a fortune.

bet against them all the time, you can't possibly lose!
>>
>>1783074
>But I guess this whole thread got derailed into politics.
You're the only one making politics out of denying facts.

the fact is the US is becoming more liberal and has been for the last 40 years.
>>
>>1782958
No, supreme court ruled against private prisons back in August. It's a quickly dying/ sunsetting industry.

Trump and his gang isn't going to go for it because private prisons wind up costing more then gov't-run ones. It's a 'horrible deal' so to speak.

Now, private security and private military might be a thing again, but probably not for a while. Also unfortunately most of those companies are privately held, Wackenhut for example is the best out of the bunch and they win all the contracts to guard federal buildings all the time.
>>
I've been thinking the same thing and bought 10 shares of GEO holdings stock but right now prison stocks are pretty stagnant and arent moving much after their election gains. Probably wont see result until next year. GEO and CXW should benefit from a closer working relationship with ICE to deal with the border and illegal aliens, their operational future is set as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>1782958
Private prisons will likely be outlawed.

>can't pay for basic inmate necessities like hot food and running water
>can't pay over $12/h to CO's
>no state benefits
>no company benefits
>hire anybody and get sued out the ass by inmates
>filled full of drugs and contraband because of shit paid employees
>can't afford good security like fucking towers or teargas launchers
>can't afford treatment programs and jobs for inmates
>can't afford counselors
>can't afford to offer education or religious programs

Basically they will get classified as "cruel and unusual" sometime soon. All investing in them does is piss your money away.
>>
>>1782958
The heyday of private prison stocks was when... nobody knew about them. Even then, its shit, I would never invest money in private prisons
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.