[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im 23 and make 42k a year as a groundsman and im thinking of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: onminwage.png (326KB, 1085x1758px) Image search: [Google]
onminwage.png
326KB, 1085x1758px
Im 23 and make 42k a year as a groundsman and im thinking of going to college part time to get a degree but i dont want something useless. I want a degree that will be extremely profitable. I live in NYC btw if that makes a difference.
>>
is it true that if u choose wrong school or job you are stuck as a miserable wagecuck until you kill yourself? there isn't even time to do anything after you start working... here in Poland there's no good choice, you either are a good programmer or doctor, else u make $500/month...I'm lucky i cheated the system by not playing
t. NEET
>>
>>1780850
Accountants always seem to find jobs.

Computer shit is now a flooded market with heavy competition with foreign coders from shitholes like India and Poland.

CNC operators are in huge demand, though.

I suggest you look around on the Department of Labor website and see what's supposed to increase in demand and is also not retardly simple to do.

Also, law is always a safe bet as society creates ever more convoluted laws on every aspect of life possibly conceivable.
>>
>>1780850
Here's the government's best guess at what you can be and earn when you grow up: https://www.bls.gov/ooh/
(what >>1780868 was talking about I think. Though I'd advise against law; there's a gigantic glut of lawyers scraping by out there)

Narrow it down to what catches your interest and what you can stand. For both categories get some ballpark figures for jobs and their salaries. Add in quality of life shit (e.g. doctors have astronomical suicide rates, actuaries live dull lives in Omaha, etc.) and you'll have a good idea of what to do, whether that involves college or not.
>>
>>1780855
Not true. If you go into $250,000 of debt to become a doctor in American medical school, sure, you have to work a decade or so to pay it off.

But the average student graduating a 4-year college in 2016 only owes like $30,000 in debt, with an average salary of like $35k for liberal arts, $50k for business, and $65k for engineering.

After taxes and student loan payments, that works out to ~$2,500, ~$3,000, ~$3,500 per month.

Switching jobs is a typical thing every few years. People totally switch fields/careers every decade, on average. If you're not a retard and save some of your money, you can do that easily.

Hours for jobs themselves can also vary. Lots of college-level work is 9-5, 40 hours a week. After commuting, that leaves a few hours every day and your entire weekend free. And that's if you totally write off your working hours (i.e. no shitposting from a cubicle, no banging secretaries on your lunch hour).
>>
>>1780850
>going to college part time to get a degree but i dont want something useless

Good for you.

What are you good at? (math, logic, words?)

In any case, there's no reason to finalize any career decision until you've been in college for a little while and have taken a variety of courses -- that will help you decide what you're really interested in, and what you're good at.

You can, however, rule out at least half the majors right off the bat. And I'm not just talking about queer studies and A-A and women's studies, but film and communications and art and ...
>>
>>1780850
>extremely profitable

you will never get rich from a salary you """""employee"""""
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.