[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are hidden fees when you buy New Car?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1civic.jpg (509KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1civic.jpg
509KB, 1280x960px
0% financing means when the value of the a car is $17000, you pay tax on it .
> %13 tax = $19,210 from original 17K.

This is correct?
so if you finance the car and you pay
> $250 a month.. = 77 months = 6.4 years
>>
bumping this board
>>
>>1780839
You'll have to add on $1,000 or more, depending on sales taxes and title fees (which vary state to state). Where are you?

You'll also be losing a couple grand the moment you drive it off the lot. Depreciation is a bitch, especially when you don't buy used. Check out Kelly Blue Book for [your model car - 1 year].

The financing is at a slightly higher amount already to compensate for the 0%. If you paid all cash on the $17,000, you could talk them down to $16 or $16.5.

Think that's about it?
>>
>>1780839
Why would you spend $17000 on a car? You can get a perfectly good Toyota for a couple grand.
>>
File: Absolutely Misallocated.jpg (17KB, 490x360px) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely Misallocated.jpg
17KB, 490x360px
>>1780971
No need to splurge, Richie Rich.

Better still, OP should get a solid bike for a couple hundred. Live near work, bundle up for winter, and he'd be raking in the cash.
>>
>>1780839

> having to pay the government to buy something

Thanks Democrats.
>>
>>1780985
not owning a car while trying to make money is the biggest mistake anyone can ever make. Cars are mandatory for anyone looking to make money.
>>
>>1780910
You can't talk down a dealer on an all cash deal since they depend on rebates from interest payments and manufacturer programs to sell new cars. Used cars can be different, however most of the BHPH financiers will never let you buy a car with cash (go see /o/ if you want some horror stories).
>>
File: 1441433126809.jpg (216KB, 1224x1445px) Image search: [Google]
1441433126809.jpg
216KB, 1224x1445px
>>1780992
>What is fiscal policy?
>What is inflation?
>What is macroeconomics?
Anon, I....
>>
Just buy a used corolla or something with similar reliability and economy. I use a 1998 corolla as a commuter, 150k miles on it, paid 1700 cash for it, 30 mpg in traffic, 40 on long trips, super cheap insurance... if it gets dinged in the parking lot I don't give a fuck, if it gets swept away in a tsunami I still don't care.

New cars require full coverage insurance so you have to factor that into your monthly expenses. Also as soon as you drive the car off the lot it looses a ton of it's value. By the time you pay it off in 6.4 years that car may be worth like 5-6k private sale. Trade in even less.

You will loose about 10k over 6 years and for what? So you can drive a brand new car that will inevitably get damage and will certainly loose over half of it's value when you decide you want a new car again?

Seriously consider buying a used car from a private seller, anything after the 2000's from a decent manufacturer will be fine. With regular maintenance these cars will last well past 200k miles. Checking a used car for faults is easier than you think and you will save a ton of your hard earned money so you can invest or spend it on other things that won't loose their value.

This guy has great info on inspecting used cars and general car maintenance. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC8LbvYk6es&t=321s
>>
>>1780839
Why the fuck have such expensive bad debt when no assets make the payment or pay cash.

Fucks sake im working on my 3rd house and drive a 20 year old crown vic.

I'll pay cash for a new lambo when i retire and can make the 200k seem worth it.

Until then at best its a 5 year old chevy pickup or a 6,000 throw away jap economy shit box with high resale value.

Fucks sake people.
>>
>>1780971
My point exactly.

And ifbyou jave to get a loan please god use home equity and jew the salesman hard as u can saying u have cash.

Most banks pre approve you for an x amount car loan. Take that letter and go shopping. It is the same as cash to them if your bank is real. Maybe even better for less paper to handle.

Oh.

And like 4% interest on your new car loan.
>>
>>1780992
No fucking shit...
>>
>>1780995
Maybe.

But u gotta figure retard autists and banks can write it as an asset. And then take it from u. If u pay on it then its the banks. But really just get a bro into cars and eat major problems with a sore stomach or another shitbox.
>>
>>1781104
He's right you know

>muh dependabily.

Get AAA or a fucking car dolly.

Or if not in cuckville carry a chain like i do
>>
>>1782630
>Pay cash for a lambo when you retire
>Be THAT old guy driving around an overly expensive car
>Everyone thinks you're compensating for being old
>Young girls won't fuck you

You can't buy back your youth anon. If you make good money, enjoy it. Don't live for the future, live for now. Buy an exotic car and slay teenage pussy like pic related. She's 18, she won't want you when you're old, anon.
>>
>>1780985
>Bike
Please, stay in your containment threads
>>
>>1782658

This is the bike i want
>>
>>1780839

Probably not what you're asking, but I suggest these key points when shopping.

Stay away from anything newer than 3 years. 3 years allows for all the kinks to be dealt with. It would be a tragedy if your car shut off while going down the highway with no brakes.

No matter where you go, you will get Jewed - unless private. Although, you can get Jewed by private if there is a serious mechanical problem. Remedy to that is to search YouTube for ways of buying auctioned cars, that will help you much when going private.

Keep in mind that "mum/pop" used dealerships will make around 1k - 2k for each car sold. And depending on which one you go to, they'll sell you a shitty car. Standard dealerships are going to make 2k - 4k. I suggest going private.

Insurance is going to rape you on colors red and black - they're the most expensive paints to replace.

I suggest getting a quote from your insurance before purchasing the car, as it can be either $100 or $400 a month depending on the car, age, and other various factors. Tack that onto your monthly car payment to save yourself a surprise.

They will try to up-sell you on new this and new that. You need none of it, it will either come with the car or you can get it from your local mechanic. This happens later in the selling process though.

And if you have a blank check in hand from your financing bank, you have more leverage.

Oh and never go with their financing. Just don't.
>>
>>1783595
>>>1780839 (OP)
>Probably not what you're asking, but I suggest these key points when shopping.
>Stay away from anything newer than 3 years. 3 years allows for all the kinks to be dealt with. It would be a tragedy if your car shut off while going down the highway with no brakes.
>No matter where you go, you will get Jewed - unless private. Although, you can get Jewed by private if there is a serious mechanical problem. Remedy to that is to search YouTube for ways of buying auctioned cars, that will help you much when going private.
>Keep in mind that "mum/pop" used dealerships will make around 1k - 2k for each car sold. And depending on which one you go to, they'll sell you a shitty car. Standard dealerships are going to make 2k - 4k. I suggest going private.
>Insurance is going to rape you on colors red and black - they're the most expensive paints to replace.
>I suggest getting a quote from your insurance before purchasing the car, as it can be either $100 or $400 a month depending on the car, age, and other various factors. Tack that onto your monthly car payment to save yourself a surprise.
>They will try to up-sell you on new this and new that. You need none of it, it will either come with the car or you can get it from your local mechanic. This happens later in the selling process though.
>And if you have a blank check in hand from your financing bank, you have more leverage.
>Oh and never go with their financing. Just don't.
This is a horrible post that probably belongs to some dipshit /o/tist who owns a shitbox from the 90s and thinks it's neat. Ignore it. Ignore it all.

Holy Christ dude, you're fucking retarded.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.