[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Resume Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: Paint Resume.png (187KB, 2711x1725px) Image search: [Google]
Paint Resume.png
187KB, 2711x1725px
Post and help other /biz/tards work on their resumes. Get help with resumes.

My goal here is to get working with a larger financial institution and I plan on applying for a company to work in a client resource management position.
>>
What's the best font for a tech job (web dev) resume?
>>
>>1780688
Looks like shit
>>
File: cv.jpg (391KB, 1299x855px) Image search: [Google]
cv.jpg
391KB, 1299x855px
Thoughts? I'm applying for Production Manager / Training Manager type roles.
>>
File: resume.png (263KB, 1240x1753px) Image search: [Google]
resume.png
263KB, 1240x1753px
picture is on the cv because i live in europe and here its common to attach a picture with the cv
>>
>>1781452
Into the trash it goes. Why? Too much wording. You're applying for a supervisor position not the POTUS. Shorten that to 1 page and you'll have a 80% better resume.
>>
File: briefcv.jpg (239KB, 635x864px) Image search: [Google]
briefcv.jpg
239KB, 635x864px
>>1781457
Better or too brief?
>>
>>1780688
>>1781452
None of you kids need two page resumes like that.
>>
>>1781465
Desu senpai
As a previous employee recruiter this would be too much to read. Too many bullet points that are not organized. I def think you can make these shorter.

I would rather read and hire >>1781455
than yours.
>>
File: CV Capture.png (83KB, 1696x735px) Image search: [Google]
CV Capture.png
83KB, 1696x735px
>>1780688
My college CV, I truncate it significantly and cater it to whatever I'm applying to.
>>
>>1781465
Less wording just as >>1781522 has said. Employers take a 5 second glance at your resume because they have stacks of these to go through during a busy day.

Keep it short and sweet, here's some tips:

>When you write your resume you tailor it for a position so pull up the job application and try to highlight skills on your resume that you have that are also on the job description. Yes, each resume should be tailored specifically.

>Use bullet points (1-2 sentences), don't write paragraphs.

>Remember this is a resume not an interview, you only need the most important info RELATING to job

>Use a good clean font like Calibri, Times New Roman is so 2015.

If you got any other questions shoot em at me.
>>
>>1781465
Oh and for the love of God, proof read and make sure all your spaces and margins are the same. It should be easy on the eyes.
>>
>>1781522
sooo is my CV good? what do i improve?
>>
File: shittyresume.png (106KB, 741x890px) Image search: [Google]
shittyresume.png
106KB, 741x890px
Here is my resume that I made up from crappy dead end jobs that I got. Pretty much I just show up and smile a lot and I typically have been offered an interview at almost every place i applied to and just went with the places with the highest wages they were offering me.
>>
>>1781537

This resume is so fucking long. I looks like its filled with a bunch of crap from a garage sale of a life you had. KISS applies to resumes as well.

Like you have pretty good experience under your belt but it isn't concise.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.