[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

China?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: china .png (4KB, 246x205px)
china .png
4KB, 246x205px
What does China's economic future hold?

Given its large consumer base and manufacturing powerhouse, one would think they would be the next economic hegemon, if they aren't at that stage already.

However, what impact will China's demographics have on their economy? Stuff like the One Child Policy seems to have fucked Chinese demographics. For instance, 30 million more men than women (http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/14/opinion/china-challenges-one-child-brooks/) and according to Deutsche Bank, they're in the same boat with the West when it comes to the ratio of workers to retirees (http://www.businessinsider.com/china-demographic-problems-2016-6).

On top of that, the existing economy seems unsustainable. The only thing China offers for manufacturing is cheap labor, which is already being offered more competitively in areas like Vietnam and other places in Southeast Asia. Combining this with how China's authoritarian regime markets itself to the people as trading civil liberties/freedom for economic prosperity, it seems like one big economic downturn is all it will take to collapse China.

And what impact do things like Ghost Cities have on China's economic future? Is China one big bubble, or is this just coping from Western economies?
>>
If china goes poor(which they will), its time to put their endless army of chinks to use. Japan is first. But I will personally nuke Beijing myself before china can touch my anime.

Also, china fucking sells weapons to north korea. they are literal scum.
>>
>>1775997
I'm not really a defender of the Chinese, I'm just looking at things from a nonpartisan economic view.

It's honestly a shame that a country with so much potential decided to screw itself over, first with the Great Leap Forward/Cultural Revolution and then with the One Child Policy.

China can't even win a war with the United States. Their military is heavily land-based because it's designed to keep control of the territory they have and expand it in areas like Tibet. Against the United States, which has power projection, the Chinese wouldn't stand a chance.
>>
>>1776002
Mao was retard. Like holy shit, its funny how much chinese sympathizers and chinese themselves praise him for fixing the country, even though his economic policy itself was pretty terrible.
>>1776002
>One child policy
I actually understand this. the problem is that those fucking chinks are so sexist, they caused a major disproportion in genders; causing china to be a literal sausage fest of high testosterone chinks.

Some asepcts, i love chinese culture; especially the women. But how could i ever forgive them for aiding north korea and wanting to take over the rest of asia.
>>
CHINA NUMBA ONE
>>
>>1776014
Obviously Mao was terrible. His policies resulted in the extermination of, at lowest, 50 million people. And while I can understand the rationale for the one child policy, it seems to me like China turned itself from America 2.0 into Japan 2.0. They're doing well now, but once the demographic effects kick in, shits going down.

Hell, they may be even worse than Japan. Japan's people won't revolt if they don't have a job, but it seems like if China's state-owned enterprises do layoffs in the steel industry, there will be protests and potentially riots.

It's almost like China is a bullet train held together by duct tape.
>>
>>1775997
Yeah I figured this would happen as well.

I mean the thing is that automation is making Chinese labour obsolete, and it doesn't seem like the labour base is keeping up, so of course they're going to fuck up Japan the leaders in robotic developments.

On top of that if the government doesn't unite the populous against a common enemy the country will split up.

But let's face it: they're screwed.
>>
>>1776305
Is there any way for China to not be fucked? Like is a transition into the middle class possible?
>>
China's debt is spiraling out of control, meanwhile every rich asian is flocking to the west and Australia because they know how shitty it is back at home. Their future looks bleak; I expect India to outpace them in the future
>>
>>1776305
The coast of China is extremely wealthy, the only way China(outer china that is) has been able to stay together as a nation (considering langue and cultural divides which are Tibet, Xinjiang, Manchuria and inner Mongolia) are that huge amounts of wealth gets sent to these subset 'buffer states' if you will to keep them happy enough to be "apart of china" so if china's wealth dwindles the country will fracture.

Although China's middle class is growing wealthier and if they can slowly transition into a knowledge based society with good educational infrastructure they could be OK, But they defiantly need to prop up the outer edges of China to keep The nation United
>>
The average Chinese citizen is so ignorant and compliant like straight up Owellian 1984 shit. A real sad situation, when things fall apart it's going to be complete chaos
>>
>>1776658
Nah. They're in debt up to their eyeballs and no way to service it. The best case scenario is Japan post-1995.
The 6%+ GDP growth rate has been the only thing keeping them in the black, and no developing country has ever sustained that in the long-run. The low-hanging fruit of rapid industrialization has been picked, the young population has aged, and the global appetite for investment has been sated.
A lot is made of China's high national savings rate, but that has little to do with household savings and everything to do with it being a communist country in which a large percentage of wealth is controlled by the government or state-owned businesses. Growing the economy through consumption will just decrease savings and result in more debt. Unless Beijing intends to unilaterally liquidate billions and billions in state assets and official perks to pay the bills, they're boned.
Note that a financial crisis is unlikely, due to strict capital controls and state control of banking. That won't make the correction any easier, and it may prolong the suffering.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.