[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you clean silver?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 100maples_1.jpg (153KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
100maples_1.jpg
153KB, 640x480px
i have sold some coins to a dumb fuck, and he put his hands on them of put them in his mouth wtf. there are fingerprints and shit all over them.
i have been trying to clean them up for hours now i have tried distilled water with detergent, hot vinegar, anticalcare and actually tried the tinfoil + baking soda method.

they did not improve one bit.
>>
Who cares if it is dirty, silver is worth the same dirty or clean
>>
>>1775422
i can't abide dirty coins i will bin them if i can't clean them up.

anyhow i wouldn't have touched these but i took pity on the fool who claimed he ran out of money and so i offered i will buy the coins back. i never imagined he could permanently contaminate them.
>>
is it possible that the coins are squeaky clean but retard had something on his hands that marred the metals surface?
>>
Silverfags are always retarded
>>
>>1775426
and of course by binning them i mean sell them somewhat below spot because they are worthless as coins now nobody would buy them with a premium looking like this.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=31UXjX0SxCA
>>
>>1775476
Don't do this, it will make mustard gas.
>>
>>1775419
Boil them in acetone on your stove top - I guarantee they will be clean as new.
>>
>>1775419

You buy SILVO which is a silver utencil cleaning agent

Might have another name in your country

Here in my country, lots of people have silverware, 2 karat or 20 (mostly 2), so you can buy this cleaning agent in supermarkets
>>
>>1775419
Fellow silver stacker here.
Depends on what you have.
If it is the coins pictured then you can rinse them in acetone.
ABSOLUTELY DO NOT USE polish or rub on them at all.
However, maples, eagles, phils, etc... always command a premium even if they are dirty.
If you sell at or below spot you are really messing up.
If nothing else you can "FUN" some of the worst ones.
I will show you what I mean in the next post.
>>
File: 20170204_113814.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170204_113814.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Here are some fun versions.
Oddly sometimes they bring higher price to the right buyer.
>>
my father said that if some moron eats onions with his hands and then touches silver it leaves a permanent mark supposedly. he said this was a real problem at one of his jobs so workers were forbidden to eat onions.
>>
>>1775694
yeah they are micro etched maples fuck
>>
>he fell for the precious metals meme
why do people still do this
>>
>>1775953
well eu is falling apart bit by bit us is likely going down the crapper my national currency was never stable and shitcoins are volatile as fuck.

so i'm just gonna hold some metals to be sure. altho i mainly import and sell them. it's more like dropshipping really except i buy in bulk for a lot of people and thus we get better offer on the price and transport. that's my main game. but also sell the coins if i can sell them with 10-20% plus.
>>
>>1775953
if you are holding/collecting for 10+ years you will make a return every time simply from being immune to inflation/devaluation.
>>
>>1776412
that's not a return just keeping up with inflation (which metals barely do btw) is pretty bad. you can improve some on this if you buy them when undervalued and sell them when overvalued (to the mean) but there is usually a good amount of risk coming with selling to fiat when metals are high and the opportunity cost to buy stocks when metals are low.

all in all it's probably a fools game. i like to think on it as insurance not investment. you pay for insurance out of your pocket but it mitigates your losses if something unfortunate happens.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.