[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So which % of money should I use for basic stuff (food, housing,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1484628195928.png (122KB, 1328x764px) Image search: [Google]
1484628195928.png
122KB, 1328x764px
So which % of money should I use for basic stuff (food, housing, education, etc), which % for non-basic stuff like clothes, entertaintment, etc and which % should I save/invest.

Also Im just a normal 20 yo guy that studies medicine (Im from Europe so I dont have to pay for education).
>>
>>1774706
Forgot to say that since Im just a normal guy I dont know shit about how to invest my money.
>>
Depends on your GDP
>>
your first goal will always be saving 10% net income. upwards of 40-50% saving will allow you to retire comfortably in a reasonable fashion. anything above that allows you to pre-retire in your 40s-50s, assuming you dont plan on living above your current means
>>
You should make a food budget that is healthy and fits your macros. Don't base this on a percentage. It's a flat amount and should be fairly consistent each week.

The rest of your utility bills should be somewhat consistent too.

I've heard people say that housing can be anywhere from 25-40% of your income. The lower you go, the more you have for other aspects.

Take a percentage of what is left after that for investing and entertainment. It's up to you to decide how much or how little you want to allocate to fun money.

Investing should be based on as much as possible, whether it's a flat or percentage based number. Literally as much as you possibly can.
>>
>>1774706
Honestly if you graduate as a doctor you'll be making a very comfortable living that'll enable you to save and invest a lot of money if you don't end up buying a 7 series straight out of college, so to say.

I'm a CS grad and I was making a shit ton of money during college doing a bunch of jobs and I blew it all because I just kept a single checking account and didn't really manage my finances. That shit fucked me up because I left college with no reserves.

I suggest you open a savings account and put in a fixed amount every month, this doesn't necessarily have to be a percentage of your income, just a number that enables you to live a comfortable lifestyle and save money at the same time.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.