[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Business v med

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: abc2.jpg (231KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
abc2.jpg
231KB, 1280x720px
Hey /biz/, redpill me on why it's worth studying business (and finance) over medicine.
I am currently studying Business while having decent grades, but I'm kinda unhappy with it.
I feel like medicine, despite the lower salary, has much more to offer and I won't be unhappy forever with it. But I don't know whether the grass just "seems" to be greener on the other side.
Halp
>>
>>1773697
Medicine is too much commitment. You can work in the medical industry without being a doctor anyways. Look at Martin Shkreli for example.
>>
>>1773742
Thanks for your reply
>>
Going to school for business is like learning how to drive by reading a book. You're already retarded.
>>
>>1774064
Would you suggest studying med?
>>
>>1774219
I'm studying medicine at a US med school. It's a long road. It can be financially rewarding if you pick the right specialty and work hard but you just need to be committed. You can't turn back once you go down that road b/c of student debt burden.
>>
>>1773742
An outlier is not an example. A good example would be the average of the whole sample you're speaking of. That would be more statistically probable to happen.
>>
File: 1317852207230.jpg (41KB, 265x255px) Image search: [Google]
1317852207230.jpg
41KB, 265x255px
>>1773697

The thing is that in medicine your job will completely override your life.

Don't think doctors start earning well and having a decent quality of life quickly. The first 10-15 years are spent doing pretty unpleasant things : examining smelly / unwashed / soiled people and looking at wounds with mysterious running liquids, shoving your finger up people's assholes, getting verbally blasted by patients / families / superiors / nurses, having your sleep schedule fucked with on a regular basis, missing holidays because you're working, etc etc.

In your free time you can look forward to studying, studying and writing articles. Forget about going out regularly or having a family. If you manage to go out for a drink once a month
you'll already be considered as someone with a personal life.

After all of this, by the time you're 40, your quality of life might improve if you manage to get into the right specialty. Money starts coming in and you have less menial tasks. Your degree of responsibly increases however and if shit happens on your watch/ward it'll be your fault.

Something to consider before making the switch.
>>
>>1773697

If you are getting into medicine for money only, you might as well chase something else because the effort it takes to be in medicine could be utilize towards an easier career.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.