[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I finance?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Srs. I focused my academic attention on tech/creative shit, have a job now making 55k.
In college I shyed away from anything related to business, Econ, finance whatever. I saw people almost killing themselves to get straight A's to make it to investment banking and i thought it was all dumb and for type A assholes.
Then I just got dated a girl who was super into finance, is on her way to doing investment banking and is super ambitious- and I was BTFO by her economic knowledge and her ambition.

Now I want to learn how to finance so I can be an ambitious business bro. Fuck tech betas.

Where do I start reading and learning?
>>
File: 1425959959797.jpg (25KB, 450x451px) Image search: [Google]
1425959959797.jpg
25KB, 450x451px
>Now I want to learn how to finance so I can be an ambitious business bro

Sweet fucking Jesus. These threads won't end.
>>
>>1772962
>people wanting to make changes
>go to a subject-area board to ask questions on how to make changes relevant to board content
>get mocked
>>
>>1772960
>dumb and for type A assholes.
at least you got that already down.

funny enough people like you won't ever make it.
>>
>>1772977
How do I stop being like me and become someone who will make it
>>
>>1772995
go back in time and apply yourself when you should have
>>
You have a better chance to send a mass email to any investment banker you can find for an interview than asking a buch of NEETs online.
>>
>>1773007
No zero is zero.
>>
>>1772960
>only sees the media's depiction of 80's investment banking boom
>doesn't know that computers handle all trading with time horizon of under 3 months
>doesn't know that most junior investment bankers in a city rent rooms together to afford it
>doesn't know burnout rates in investment banking due to lifestyle expectations, work hours, living paycheque to paycheque

You literally bought into the meme anon. So much in business school is BS, and the hiring process is literally who you know.

pls kys and stay in tech
>>
>>1772960
Just do wolf of wall street shit like start your own stockbrokers :D it's easy just buy low sell high!
>>
Most people are not cut out for IB, especially not women because of how everything is structured
If you weren't the guy that no one wanted to argue with (for various reasons, could be because you were a pretentious asshole or a know-it-all genius) and if you're afraid of social confrontation, you will be flushed out quickly
>>
>>1773606
IB is not trading to be honest
>>
>>1773888
>Most people are not cut out for IB, especially not women because of how everything is structured
How so?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170203-121306.jpg (2MB, 1404x1915px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170203-121306.jpg
2MB, 1404x1915px
>>1772960
>>
>>1772960
>I'm not even enough of a self starter to read or research anything before coming and asking for help
>I'm just doing this so I can have something in common with this chick I like

Please, kill yourself
>>
>>1773973
Marx but no Tarski or Klarman.
List is a fucking joke.
>>
>>1773915
HOURS. Women can an do get pregnant. When your pregnant you wont be able to work those 80-100 work weeks that are common in IB. IB isnt anything like wolf of wallstreet. you have to remember Wolf is about a brokerage not a IB.
>>
>>1772960

you owe me $50 for this information.

first youtube and watch Anton Kreil presentation on why ibanking is trash. Dont take him at face value, just digest his pitch.

Then subscribe to ft.com. dollar a day for a month. read it every day.

be able to have a coherent opinion on the following:
Brexit
Trump's cabinet picks
the pros on cons of different valuation models
impact of rising treasury rates
the relationship between stocks and bond investing

its a start
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.