[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so what with this blue collar meme? avg salary is like 40-50k.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1485335655189.jpg (16KB, 261x163px) Image search: [Google]
1485335655189.jpg
16KB, 261x163px
so what with this blue collar meme? avg salary is like 40-50k. those that make 6 figs own a business or work overtime/2jobs.

your body will wear and tear. so all your hard earned cash will go repairing your crippled body. plus blue collar gets no pussy /not sexy at all
>>
cope grills love masculine men instead of pale manlet neets studying a stem meme. this is coming from a pale stemfag
>>
>muh delicate body
>muh stress
The only cripple here is you.
>>
The corporate overlords want you to think working for peanuts until your cartilage is depleted is just good ole hard work and being a man.
>>
"Just get a trades job, you'll make 100k starting" is the new "just get a stem degree, you'll make 100k starting" which was the new "just get any college degree, you'll make 100k starting". That is, it's advice that has some merit but was turned into a shitty meme by retards looking for magic snake oil they can rub on themselves to become instant overnight millionaires.
>>
meme perpetuated by insecure blue collar proles
>1099 worker
>both sides of fica
>shit insurance, shit benefits all around
but hey that six figures through 80 hr work weeks can get respect from the neets on here, right?
>>
I'll tell you what I like the most OP, this is coming from someone who went to college for two years and hated it and I've only been working construction for about 6 months now, but the one thing that speaks wonders to my mind is

>low to no start up cost
After going through 2 years and paying out the fucking ass and making ZERO (0) dollars for doing so, The fact that I can jump in and make more than food service, all the while learning something that will make me much more money down the road is great

I suppose thats what these kind of jobs are for, people who cant cut it in college but now that im doing it, no real complaints. Other than the wear and tear, that is something im not fond of.
>>
>>1771886
fuck off cuckboy
>>
if you have anything of real value to offer this world you can easily make six figures with less than 40 hour weeks. I bill $120/hr working from home at a computer (as you're probably mathematically challenged, that's $220k for 46 40 hour workweeks)
>>
File: tradeswoman.jpg (31KB, 213x320px) Image search: [Google]
tradeswoman.jpg
31KB, 213x320px
>>1771771
>so what with this blue collar meme? avg salary is like 40-50k. those that make 6 figs own a business or work overtime/2jobs.

The most meme-ish aspect of it is this idea that you can do a year of trade school and start making real money. It doesn't work that way, the apprenticeship takes about as long as a university degree. You get paid for it, but it's dog shit money. And that's assuming you can get hired. It isn't like university where you just pay tuition and show up for class, you have to find a job and contractors hate hiring apprentices. Who you know makes a big difference, just like in any other profession.

Other than that I guess it's like anything else, you get what you put in, and a lot of people are doomed to fail. Journeymen in the higher-paying trades (electrical, plumbing, hvac) can easily make 65-75k (CAD) around here, but it may be lower in other places. There are lots of guys who make 6 figures and aren't self-employed, but they work in remote areas (oil rigs, mines, ships).

>your body will wear and tear. so all your hard earned cash will go repairing your crippled body

In some cases, but certainly not all. I'm an electrician and the work I do isn't as physically demanding as a lot of people think. It's no desk job, but it's not backbreaking. And it doesn't have to be a dead-end job. Aside from becoming a business owner, you can also move on to less physical jobs like foreman, inspector, estimator, or even a trade school instructor (I think I would be at an advantage if I tried to get a job as an instructor, because I actually have a university degree). And there are a lot of dumb fucks in the trades, so if you're smart the opportunity is definitely there to advance.

>blue collar gets no pussy /not sexy at all

Pure horseshit. Nu-male pussy detected.
>>
>>1772109
I'm 18 should I became a elwctrician
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.