[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

State Bank Levy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1485902696437.png (593KB, 804x536px) Image search: [Google]
1485902696437.png
593KB, 804x536px
Anybody know how someone can get a bank levy from their US state when they have no idea why or how?

I can't access my checking account because it was seized by the state, and I didn't receive a warning or anything prior to this alerting me that I supposedly owe them anything.
>>
>>1770373
Help.
>>
>>1770373
Again, help
>>
When happened to me I called my bank and they gave me a number to call who it was and told me who seized it
>>
>>1770373
Go talk to your bank. They will tell you who you need to contact.

Source: Me I put levies on people's accounts mostly for child support reasons
>>
>>1770489
>>1770488

The bank told me it was the State Revenue Service. I just don't know what or why I'd owe them anything. I also didn't get a warning of any kind.
>>
>>1770373

Wow. That sucks.

I know a little about bank levies since I was almost the victim of one.

I would talk to your bank first and a lawyer second.

How much money are we talking?

Unfortunately if I know the law correctly, if someone has a court order (a judgement) against you they can legally seize money from your bank account. And there isn't anything you can do about it. Only thing would be if you know it's coming, move the money.

My advice would be to find some way to get that money out of there fast, then open up a bank account in a not very well known bank. Maybe even just put it into Bitcoin.

Did you not pay taxes or something? There must be a story here.
>>
>>1770504

hmmmm.

that means they had a judges order to seize your money.

Like I said, just keep trying to get in touch with the state, and call a lawyer right away.
>>
>>1770504
Well contact them. How are we supposed to know what's happening?

Acting shocked and awed won't change anything.

>>1770515
If there is a levy that money can't be moved. It's too late.
>>
>>1770523

That's what I thought.

But I was under the impression that the bank had to give you a 30 day notice of someone filing a bank levy against you.
>>
>>1770529
Lol no. We get a certified letter from the AG normally and then place the levy. We don't even contact you about it. If you call come in we give you a copy of the letter with instructions on whom to call.
>>
>>1770534

That fucking sucks.

What are some situations where the government might take this action?

What about unpaid student loans? Could that lead to a judgement, then a bank levy?
>>
>>1770542
Pretty sure it's just for taxes and child support, at least that's all I ever saw.
>>
>>1770544

thx mate
>>
>>1770544

> have unprotected sex with a woman
> a child is formed
> she is entitled to your money until that child reaches age 18

Jesus I don't usually go MGTOW but that system is beyond fucked.

If if it were a morally justifiable system, it encourages women to get knocked up by men with money.

Jesus.
>>
>>1770544
>>1770542
>>1770534
>>1770529
>>1770523
>>1770518
>>1770515

OP here. I don't have any kids, and I don't know how I'd owe the state when I don't even do anything out of the ordinary but work a regular job. I never got a letter or anything.

Worst thing I have is some unpaid hospital bills equalling like 700 bucks from when I was uninsured last year.

I'm in awe because this was so unexpected and severe. There are people that owe over 10k and they haven't had their money stolen. What gives??
>>
>>1770373
Anybody else have any ideas?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.