[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here ever been in a business meeting? what are they like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 3p43p.jpg (281KB, 833x576px) Image search: [Google]
3p43p.jpg
281KB, 833x576px
Has anyone here ever been in a business meeting? what are they like?
>>
>>1770173
What the fuck do u mean? U sit and talk about work related items
>>
>>1770173
Depends on the level of the people in the group, the business, the department, the topic of discussion, etc. It's kind of hard to group them all together, for example, I've sat on in financial and managerial monthly meetings, and they can be completely different.
>>
>>1770182
>What the fuck do u mean?

business stuff
>>
>>1770173

>Work as a loan officer
>Go to meeting with other loan officers and manager
>Pretty much discussion of who every one would fuk in the office and new ways to get more money.
>Rip on each other
>No real business gets done
>>
>>1770192
what he said, I've been in plenty of business meetings but they are all different depending on the people and the topic
>>
Depends on who it's with. I'm an accountant and I'll use my experience.

If it's a meeting with my direct manager and direct teammates, it's usually pretty chill. We do discuss whatever the meeting is about, but we also joke around.

If the CFO or VP of finance is there, then everyone is on their best behavior.
>>
The women are usually topless. Orgies are common.
>>
>>1770173
Generally speaking, someone calls or organizes the meeting. That person will lead the conversation, or in some cases give a presentation. Depending on how formal the meeting is and how much feedback the organizer requires. If you are gathering information for a project then it will kind of turn into a roundtable discussion. And once you get the info you need you will say ok thanks, does anyone have anything else and that's that.
>>
Depends on the topic.

Some are regularly scheduled to discuss normal stuff. Some are based on figuring out problems.
>>
>>1770212
>>1770222
>>1770298
>>1770333
>>1770338

so a waste of time?
>>
>>1770333
This is the best representation in this thread.

I'm at a middle management position as of my second year at a supply distribution company, and often meetings are called between relevant organizers that require people from different divisions to put resources into something. Often I'll have a colleague from the same department I'm in along with most of the people there, we all discuss necessary tasks and thoughts on different contracts and how to approach their completion (figuring out where a variety of high-use materials like steel, coal, petroleum, etc. etc. for industrial work often in different states requires a lot of puzzle solving with different distribution hubs around our state.

Pretty fun to me desu, because only the really interesting contracts from places like L-3 (I got lucky enough to participate on this project and take on some responsibility, fascinating stuff.)
>>
>>1770354
yeah I'm a programmer, so to me the handful of meetings I go to I enjoy. It breaks up the day and you can get an amazing amount of useful info if you ask the right questions.

That said, some can be really boring. Repeat events like staff meetings are often a snoozefest
>>
>>1770173
govy worker
it's a place to talk to managers, and discuss your work for the week, or who has to do which project.

in IT is a lot more simple, but yah easily huge waste of time, but it justifies the managers existence
>>
You sit and talk about what's going on at your departement.

>Oh yeah, we got a new client, she's such and such, prefers blabla
>Hey Anon, if you can do task X, that would be great
>What are we going to do about blabla problem?

That sort of stuff.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.