[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any sort of "crowd-funding" for opening a business?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1469459011717.png (10KB, 387x429px) Image search: [Google]
1469459011717.png
10KB, 387x429px
Is there any sort of "crowd-funding" for opening a business?
>>
Yeah. It's called "crowd-funding".
>>
>>1769083
How does it work exactly?
I mean, all the crowd-funding i've seen was about creating a product, and i want to open a small business for me.
>>
>>1769089
Pitch a product or service and people may want to back you up. If you dont have anything new to offer just say you have AIDS or something.
>>
Crowdfunding for a business is not easy, make sure your explore other options such as bank loans and VC before you decide on crowdfunding. Also, the more money you need, the more work your campaign will take.

You should have a full business plan ready before you begin planning your campaign so that you know exactly how much money you need.

Begin planning your campaign 6-18 months in advance. Build a network of supporters so that when you launch your campaign you have an immediate influx of funds. Having a lot of backers at the start tells other potential backers that your project is worthwhile. The optimal time for a campaign is about 30 days.

Also, choose a platform that works for you. IndieGoGo runs on a "keep it all" basis where if you reach your goal they take a 5% fee, if you don't reach your goal they take a 9% fee. Kickstarter is an "all or nothing" platform, they take a 5% fee if you're successful, if not you get nothing.

Make your video, project description, and social media professional. This is a no-brainer but there's plenty of dumb-fucks who overlook this.

Choose rewards that your backers will want, usually a reward in a crowdfunding campaign is a pre-sale of the product. MAKE SURE YOU ACCOUNT FOR DELAYS IN DELIVERY. Give yourself more time than you think you'll need to deliver, there's always problems that arise at this stage.
>>
>>1769089
Well, traditionally you'd have to separate "crowd-funding" from "crowd-investing".

In the former you generally take money without promising something in return, although people usually set-up tiered rewards for (what is actually) donations. If you make a product, you can use this system and just offer your product as one of the rewards, which is why you see that so often probably.

In crowd-investing you seek money while offering something in return. Either you promise money in return - running interest and repayment of the principal in a system often often called "micro loans". Or you promise a stake of your business in return, meaning whoever invests into your business becomes a partial owner.

Depending on what you want, you can now pick a system and then pick a platform. You can beg (crowd-funding without rewards), try and offer rewards, get loans or seek actual investors.
>>
>>1769089
You realize your business needs to provide a product or service, right?
>>
>>1769089
There is no money to be made for legit projects.

You need to think up something that is completely impossible by all known laws of physics, but make it appeal highly to dipshits and liberals. They'll then line up to throw their Starcucks paychecks at you.
>>
>>1769089
what kind of business are you trying to do? what can you offer people in exchange for funding? can your product reach out to a large group of people who are willing to invest in your product?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.