[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can banks and other institutions afford to give out loans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

How can banks and other institutions afford to give out loans at really low rates?

where I have my portfolio they'd give me up to 50k loan at 0.99% interest just based on the stocks and other stuff I own (not even that much). In what universe is this ever a good deal for them?

This is in Finland.
>>
>>1768533
They have low inflation in Finland. Hard to find places to put their money. You are probably very financially stable. They will margin call you before they lose too much, if anything.
>>
>>1768533
Because they're getting that 50k basically for free. When is the last time you received any significant interest on bank deposits?
>>
>>1768533
The interest rate you receive from the banks is determined by the interest rate the central bank sets, the central bank lends money to regular banks so there is a flow on effect. It's all decided by the board in change of monetary policy at the central bank
>>
>>1768620
>implying central banks are universal
>>
>>1768579
so in the end it's basically subsidized by the government/people/taxes?

why?
>>
>>1768656
That's how fractional reserve banking works
>>
>>1768656
I'm pretty sure they need interest rates that low to keep the consumer economy ticking over at all
>>
>>1768533

I underwrite commercial loans. The main factor in deciding our pricing is our cost of funds. I haven't checked in a while but it was averaging 1.3% a few months ago. Typically we shoot for 3% over the cost of funds but it varies greatly based on the borrower/collateral strength, term length, and overall relationship.

We do liquid collateral secured loans at the 2-3% range but 0.99% means your lender has a very low cost of funds or maybe they're breaking even as a loss leader to gain/maintain the rest of your banking relationship.
>>
>>1768656

>muh free markit
>>
>>1768633
We'll there is in Finland isn't there you fucking retard
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.