[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How viable is it to be a craigslist technician? Removing viruses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Craigslist.png (14KB, 1004x307px) Image search: [Google]
Craigslist.png
14KB, 1004x307px
How viable is it to be a craigslist technician? Removing viruses and speeding up people's computers. Installing pirated Windows 10 and office 2016 onto their laptops?

I live in a college town.
>>
>>1768297
Bump
>>
File: 1390721138617.gif (2MB, 294x164px) Image search: [Google]
1390721138617.gif
2MB, 294x164px
>>1768297
Wouldn't this mean, technically, you are selling illegal copies of software to people?
Wouldn't this mean, realistically, you are going to end up in prison for the rest of your life?
The DMCA is a scary thing and I would recommend to just stick to shitposting on 4chan and masturbating.
It's worked well for me so far
>>
>>1768297
The issue is more and more people are learning how to just pirate shit every day. I would try to stick to a day job. Too many people that can do what you are trying to do better.
>>
>>1768297
professional (Ex) IT reporting in

I was in IT for home and small business for almost a decade, tried to go the entrepenure route a couple times (both as a full time income goal, and as hobby/side money)

-I got out of professional it for 2 reasons:

1. people only come to you when somethings wrong and as such theyre already pissed. You become clients punching bags fairly often, it comes with the territory.

2. the competition is RIDICULOUS and there's little profit to be made anymore. Companies can cherry pick people with bachelors / masters degrees, and every hajeeb, script kiddie, wow player, and nerd/geek is offering 30 dollar "fix everything" freelance services. I assume this can only be a shotgun approach "you need to reformat", and they probably can't fix 75% of issues- anything a reformat doesn't resolve

and sorry if this offends, but it looks like you're one of those very people-
>Installing pirated Windows 10 and office 2016 onto their laptops?

don't fucking do this. nearly every preexisting computer will have a windows sticker on it and you need to use it. If you're building a custom or the key is faded/worn out try and get it with a key extrator if it still boots up - otherwise tell them they need a new key.

If you don't do this you're begging for complaints if the crack gets fixed, if its discovered to be fake (if you didn't tell them), and/or if somehow a legal entity finds out you're -so- fucked.

Download the ISO's of the various versions you'll liekly run into (XP and up) and use the fucking key

I tried to do CL a few times, it always bit me in the ass. Shittiest, cheapest customers possible and -way- too steep competition
>>
>>1768528

>mfw living the dream cost nothing but the welfare you suck out ofthe system and you do

sweet live desu famalams
>>
>>1768297
If you like computers don't do IT, do systems.
>>
>>1768651
>don't fucking do this.

this. especially because Microsoft still offers free upgrades to Windows 10 through their "accessibility" program to nearly everyone with 7 or later.

I hope everyone else regards it as *HIGHLY* suspicious that a company which has made enormous sums of money by selling product keys for its new OSes is now giving them away at the barrel of a gun.
>>
>>1768629
you are giving people way too much credit.
>>
>>1768297
>Installing pirated Windows 10 and office 2016 onto their laptops?

what is "open source software" for $100
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.