[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best advice you've ever received?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1467446684893.jpg (20KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1467446684893.jpg
20KB, 225x225px
Whether it's "Always Be Closing" or "Our main
business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what lies clearly at hand," give me words that have stuck to the inside of your skull like dried up Wheaties crumbs and refuse to go.
>>
>>1766602

"You don't recieve power, you only get what you take"

Meaning that you don't have to be in charge officially to be the one calling the shots, and that you need to show command and leadership before most bosses will ask you to promote into a position of leadership
>>
'Debt can make you rich'
'No risk, no reward'

Best advice I can think of, but it took me a long while to undo my financially conservative parents upbringing.
>>
>>1766602
>You don't go into business to make LESS money
>>
>>1766602

"buy high, sell low"
>>
>>1766602
Well, i guess it would actually be a compliment that i wasnt supposed to overhear. Still not sure exactly who my grandmother was talking to. But here goes

>be me
>be like 27 and newlybphysically dissabled
>be jeleous of my cousins all my life. And uncle.
>theybalways seemed a step ahead. Good job good money hot bitches etc...
>im always tryhard faggot and never get ahead.
>grandma and grandpa pretty well rich.
>grandpa asks what i want to do. Didnt really understand investment. >told grandpa i wanna make the money he does without a job.
>he loses his shit laughing. He os beyond working class rich. Keep waiting to see that faggot in forbes....
>some years later nothing has changed.
>grandpa leaves and grandma gets cancer.

Shortly beforr dhe died she told somebody that she though i had the most potential. And that there was no doubt i would be the most successful.

Still driving 15 year old cars. Still crippled. Both cousins in a few hundred grand in debt and share a duplex now with tons of kids. Uncle just got a shit position after his company soldm. He been there for 39 years.

Mfw i make more money than any 2 of them.

Mfw i am nearly debt free in my early 30's.

Mfw 1 person with a little faith in me gave me hope and drive enough to actually become successful...
>>
>>1766718
Lol, words to live by. "/biz"
>>
>>1766602
"90% of people don't want to hear about your problems, and the other 10% are glad it's you."
>>
never buy on a high, always buy the dip.

dont catch a falling knife.

buy bitcoin
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.