[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

stock options and shiet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: stfu.jpg (29KB, 320x310px) Image search: [Google]
stfu.jpg
29KB, 320x310px
hi /biz/.. so i've been working on a sideproject past few months..

basically its a website that collects the top 10 unusual option activity on a daily basis, gets all of the tickets corresponding charts and does some nice data visualization on this data as well as having search features

right now its currently locked up to me and just another friend uses it but hes a dumbass; how can i monetize this or rather what direction can i take with this information?
>>
bamp
>>
guess my idea is shit

> feelsbadman
>>
> feelsBadMan with_a_gun
>>
>>1765213
What's the site?
>>
>>1765213
I don't know much about this stuff, but try looking into Google AdSense, I think that's part of it. Otherwise I guess you could probably communicate directly with the companies and advertise them, but I think when you're just starting out you need a third party.

Someone else who knows about this should answer though cause I'm probably just making shit up
>>
I have a few questions.

What market are the options traded on?
What do you quantify as unusual? (Are puts/calls weighted the same)
Does it account for all option chains or only display the ticker or the stock?

Seems like a neat idea, I'd love to hear more about it.
>>
>>1765213
Interesting. Advertise for affiliatrs such as: online courses, brokerages, books, anything related to the field and to the profile of your audience (basically scalpers and arbitragers). You could even, if you manage to deliver a lot of quality intel, start a paid subscription service.
>>
>>1765213
See if any brokers have referral programs, put similar projects there. Offer a paid "premium" service. Put a note asking for donations to keep the site going.
>>
>>1765213
how are you collecting the information? manually?
>>
>>1766097

> US markets.
> Unusual being volume of options traded today vs. the average day (I think its a 90 day rolling period)
> It only displays the ticker so you'd have to find the related volume when actually looking at the chain
>>
>>1766306

> I have a cron job that runs to get the info, parse through it, send it to a DB and get the related stock charts at the time (& save those also)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.