[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>23 >22k income >Use debit card for all purchases >Want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: prodBank_thumb_SecureVisa.png (38KB, 218x137px) Image search: [Google]
prodBank_thumb_SecureVisa.png
38KB, 218x137px
>23
>22k income
>Use debit card for all purchases
>Want to build credit as I have none
>Only card I can actually get is a secured card
>Don't spend more than $500 a month on my debit card

My question is what should I set my limit to? I wanted to set it between $550 and $750 because car rental companies won't even let you rent cars without a $510 credit card deposit (no debit allowed) but I also want decent utilization rates as I'm building credit for the first time
Will it hurt my scores to have a limit of $750 as opposed to $600? I'll probably only use about $300 - $400 a month on it, but I want to replace all current debit usage with credit
>>
>>1764384
Can you even rent a car at 23?
>>
>>1764476
Yes but it's more expensive.

I was able to rent a car at 22 but it was because insurance was covering it(person read ended me)
>>
>>1764384
Set your limit to 500, spend 200 a month on card, never have more then 200 on card, pay it off every month. Don't rent cars, buy them, if you travel by air take cabs... Uber if you think you better then everyone and you make the money to justify the price jump.
>>
>>1764384
Get the highest limit possible. Higher is better unless for some reason you jusr have zero self control. Pay the card off in FULL every month. Once you build your credit get a nice rewards card. Enjoy your good credit score. It's that easy.
>>
>>1764516
This, having a higher limit gives you more room for credit utilization. Just keep your balance low and pay it off each month.
>>
>>1764384
There are card issuers that will give credit to people fresh out of a bankruptcy. If you keep looking, you can find one. APRs will be criminally high, but you're not going to be using it for credit anyway.

If you have parents willing to cosign, you can do that temporarily as well.

If not, just bite the bullet and get the secured card for a few months. Your goyimscore will increase and you'll start getting offers for shit-tier 30%APR cards within a few months.
>>
>>1764384
Get more secured cards.

Call every few months and ask to increase amount and decrease apr. Lot of times they will.

Get better cards.

Use a couple, pay 1st payment minimum. Next month oay off and swap cards.

Keep amount used 30% or less than max allowed.

Go from 400 credit score to 800 like me.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.