[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Farming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1227.jpg (340KB, 800x449px) Image search: [Google]
1227.jpg
340KB, 800x449px
Does anyone here have experience with farming? What's profitable? What's too risky? I was thinking of flower farming since it wouldn't require much acreage.
>>
>>1763915
Competitive farms are capital intensive. That's not even including the price of the land. In the US at least, all the good arable lands been claimed already.
>>
>>1763955
Translated - it takes a bunch of money to buy the farm. Then, you don't make shit from it. You buy a $1M piece of farmland and you're lucky to make $25k off it each year. The crop goes to shit or other knuckleheads plant too much of the same thing and you might lose money in a given year.
>>
File: ponds.jpg (3MB, 2200x1467px) Image search: [Google]
ponds.jpg
3MB, 2200x1467px
>>1763961
>>1763955
I could buy 20 acres of farmland and it would cost 40-70k USD in my country. And I think that would be enough for things like flower farming, beekeeping, fish farming.
>>
File: 1463016018391.png (276KB, 796x934px) Image search: [Google]
1463016018391.png
276KB, 796x934px
>>1763915
weed and bees

you're gonna want to find friends who are into fixing up and flipping houses. They'll be entrepreneur-minded and have construction contacts if you don't. You need underground greenhouses. not cheap and must be deep enough so infrared copters won't see the heat. How deep? That's secret and a gamble

bees can be outside if you live someplace warm I guess but I like bees as security. personal choice
>>
>>1763915
Bump for interest. Always have wanted to start a farm.
>>
My senpai has olive trees, vineyards, a couple croplands and a couple plots with fruit trees and other vegetables (lettuces, tomatoes, onions, that kind of shit)

It is a really work intensive job, fucking up is incredibly easy and you need someone with enough knowledge.
You cant go and plant some shit and expect it to just work

The profit margins are really small even when you have everything running too.

My families "business" works because of free labor, cooperative companies and the fact that we actually consume a large part of the produce.

You do get a sick tan tho
>>
>>1764239
Fucking filters man

Family, i mean family
>>
>>1764239

do you know the size and how many workers?

I have an uncle who does poultry farming + mostly vegetables. It's a family of 6 (counting 2 little kids). He claims to be getting undercut by high tech poultry from another region and I believe him. But, they have an extra house in the city, 2 large cars, 3 large dogs, one pig (for slaughter) and a horse. It can't be that bad of a business.
>>
>>1763915
Open a farm stand and sell direct
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.