[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making money from blogging?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: blogging-for-money.jpg (95KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
blogging-for-money.jpg
95KB, 660x371px
Hi, /biz/. Is there anyone here who lives from blogging/has relevant experiences on it?
I love writing and I'm willing to sacrifice lots of hours (months) creating content, even if it takes a long-term commitment. I mainly write about sociology/politics/satire.

How do I go about monetizing it? Can I make a (decent, but nothing spectacular) living from this (without selling products/t-shirts and the like)? How and where do I 'shill' my posts? Is it even possible without lots of facebook/twitter/whatever followers?

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>1763718
I started last month. And I have a year worth of content ready.
The visitor count of the first month doesn't seem hopeful yet, as I get between 0 and 2 visitors a day, ignoring all the attack bots.
But we'll see how it went over a year.
>>
>>1763768
I would be interested in reading your blog, if it's all right with you.
I've started my blog this week, with a post every day except saturday, and averaged about ten visitors per day.
>>
New Google Adsense and Yahoo ads click exchange group. Join to grow your earnings. Your also welcome to bring new money making ideas. Dont underestimate the power of thousands of NEETs getting together in 1 group. Here is our Discord group https://discord.gg/F6GRyCD
>>
Hmm. Okay, I will humor you. Joining.
>>
>>1763718
lmao I remember doing this on /b/ in 2012 or so.
can is still make $500/month?
>>
>>1763970
Yes you can.
>>
>>1764173
can these shills pls get out of biz i swear to god
>>
>>1763718
Sorry, it is not 2008 anymore senpai.
>>
>>1763718
Nobody cares about you
>>
>>1763876
Is it possible for ad networks to foil your plans and invalidate your earnings?
>>
I used to exchange clicks years ago. You got my attention
>>
>>1763718
THIS THREAD JUST FUCKING SHOWS HOW DELUSIONAL /BIZ/ ACTUALLY IS.
NO. NO. NO. YOU CANNOT MAKE MONEY FROM BLOGGING YOU FAGGOT RETARD PIECE OF SHIT.
>>
>>1765313
L o l
O
L
>>
>>1765313
Sorry, I should have put a trigger earning in the OP.
>>
File: jpg.jpg (119KB, 1024x662px) Image search: [Google]
jpg.jpg
119KB, 1024x662px
>>1765313
Troll harder bro
>>
Lol content is the easiest thing. I can spend $500 and have professional writers bang out 30 articles a week. Making money comes from seo, and advertising arbitrage. Takes years to get anywhere pal.
>>
>>1765803
you will need to learn a lot of stuff to be successful. Months of studying will be better than writing blog posts. Ohh and btw 90% of online gurus and lieing shilling cunts who are just trying to get some affiliate shekels from you. Good luck. It took me 3 years to make start making good money. First 2 years was abysmal
>>
>>1765816
What do you blog about? How do you advertise?
>>
>>1765803

Professional writers from bangladesh I see.

I spin 30 articles a week for 200 bucks for you.
>>
>>1765987
Architecture. I also have a affiliate site shilling amazon and other affiliate products.
>>
>>1766304
Depends on article length. I use American writers. Spin could will get you banned from Adsense which makes me 10-15k a month. You don't know shit .
>>
>>1766309
Would* not could any spun content, or spammy articles is an instant ban from most advertisers.
>>
I'm noticing a fandom in creation, but I have no experience with owning domain names and paying for servers or getting a good PC for a server.
>>
>>1765313

You're obviously talking about something you don't know. At my company some of our affiliates earn € 3K +/mnth just with what they bring us. If you get decent traffic and know how to negociate its doable
>>
>>1765816
Could you give an indication of how your traffic grew over the years?
>>
>>1766700
no he could not because he's lying.
>>
I want to start writing erotic stories. What's the best way of doing this? Should I post them on a blog? Any tips?
>>
>>1766721
Get a time machine, go back to 1988, get a job at penthouse
???
profit
>>
>>1766700
I got over 14K backlinks with 116k organic keywords. I have shit loads of articles ranking between 1-10 on google front page. Half my traffic is from google search 25% from social media and the rest is paid. I have had hundreds of winning ad campaigns.
>>
>>1766700
>traffic snowballs takes a few months to get the ball rolling.
>get a decent site 30-40 articles then start running ads on facebook
>If you spending $20 per day on ads and its earning you more than that then slowly increase the amount your spending on it.
> if its losing stop the ad
> do on and off page SEO. (work hard on backlinks)
> eventually you will start getting free traffic from search. this is the hardest part
>diversify you websites monetization e.g ads and affiliate marketing.
>>
>>1765313

Are you upset about something anon? You seem upset about something.
>>
>>1765313
You must be one of the fucking retards who clicks his own ads and got banned.
>>
>>1767257
how the hell does one get so many backlinks?
>>
>>1767753
>organic keywords
thats nothing some of the popular sites have millions. you can get hundreds of backlinks from 1 referring domain
>>
Bumperino
>>
>>1763718
Stop shitblogging and start writing something of value, it might just help you land a real job.
>>
File: Don Draper Office Lounge.jpg (68KB, 700x474px) Image search: [Google]
Don Draper Office Lounge.jpg
68KB, 700x474px
>>1767281
>>1767753
Good solid advice.
Opened mine this past December with about 40 extremely solid articles all SEO optimized. Worked hard for some relevant backlinks (dofollow and nofollow) although I'm still not seeing good traffic at all. I get from 0 to 10 people, averaging at 5 a day if that, with high bounce rate. The website has a clean, user friendly design, loads fast, titles and meta tags are optimized and catchy and the content is actually very good. Everything on page SEO related is set, social media accounts too although I could use a ton more backlinks (only have about 50 and started 3 web 2.0s to build more this week). So far I made 5 bucks kek (adsense started January 1st). Do you recommend Facebook ads now? Thanks in advance.
>>
>>1768012
>>1768790
How to get gud with backlinks? Do you exchange them with other site via contracts and then wait for them to grow or?
SEO noob here sorry
>>
File: Roger Sterlings Office View.jpg (82KB, 700x474px) Image search: [Google]
Roger Sterlings Office View.jpg
82KB, 700x474px
>>1768808
Don't be sorry, I would have liked to get some help before starting too. First of all, dofollow backlinks give you Page Authority and Domain Authority which you need to rank, nofollow don't (although it's good to have these too to look legit). Most websites instantly make your links nofollow (every wordpress blog in the comments). Relevant baclinks are what you need, 10 or even 1 from a highly ranked domain in your niche beats 1000 of random ones (which can actually hurt your ranking). That said, don't spam comments for links, target high authority niche related websites and think of a way to get your link there. Social media accounts are easy solid links and some business profile websites too, the first base you should start building are links from web 2.0's (tumblr, wordpress, blogger) - create an account (better to use an expired name that had been used before and got authority), post articles there (create new ones or spin your own very well, google fucks you if it detects duplicate content) that contain varied anchor text links (keyword, related keyword, naked URL, unrelated keyword) to your website pages and you're set. Create 3 then slowly build to 10, you can use fake emails.
>>
>>1763718
Affiliate links from affiliate networks and amazon affiliate products.

Its not worth looking into ads with adsense or other banner ads unless you have TONS of traffic.

As for getting traffic to your site, you need to advertise yourself using banner ads, guest blogs on popular sites, and shilling on facebook groups related to your target demographic.
>>
File: image-title2.jpg (37KB, 620x363px) Image search: [Google]
image-title2.jpg
37KB, 620x363px
>>1768867
You're very wrong about adsense. Some words pay $300 per click, others $0.02. You can have a blog with 1000 visitors per month that makes more than one with 100000. It all comes down to keyword research.
>>
>>1768851
You need to have good anchor text ratio.

25% branded with url
25% branded with site name
id say 15% your target keyword
10% your next target keyword
and the rest should be misc.

About backlinks, its quality over quantity. For someone like dude above with 14k backlinks, a site with maybe 3k or less that has links coming from sites with higher TF/CF would outrank him on average. It also depends on your on page optimization and actual content + traffic.

Once you are on the front page ranking, traffic becomes more relevant.
>>
>>1768880
I guess that is true. Like affiliate offers some pay pennies and some pay big. I personally wouldn't advise it when affiliate offers exist that are already optimized to convert and you can leverage their research to build your own content, but that is just me and Im not big expert on monetization, just started myself.
>>
What are the trending blogs and keyword searches now of days?
>>
>>1763718
I think writing ebooks is more profitable for the same amunt of work.
>>
File: image-title6.jpg (33KB, 620x363px) Image search: [Google]
image-title6.jpg
33KB, 620x363px
>>1769153
Anything. As long as it pays and has low competition
>>1769160
Why not both? Start a niche website and then compile all the information contained on your articles into a user-friendly, quick and easy to read e-book and shill it on the website.
>>
>>1769153
one popular blog is The Worst Things for Sale, where they look at useless/bizarre things on Amazon
something like that seems like it would be pretty easy to find daily content for too
I never bothered with any others
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.