[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/biz/ I am finishing up my MBA in may and after years of grad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1483500476604.jpg (49KB, 402x604px) Image search: [Google]
1483500476604.jpg
49KB, 402x604px
/biz/ I am finishing up my MBA in may and after years of grad school I need a break.

How long of a break is acceptable before employers get concerned?
>>
Get an offer letter before graduating and call up our boss and explain you want to go on a holiday before starting work. most companies will be fine with this.
>>
>>1763269
What kind of a break? How long do you want to take a break?

It's going to be a huge red flag when you start applying. If you need a break after getting your degree it signals you don't have a strong work ethic. Say after working a year or two at a new company, are you going to say you "need a break"?
>>
>>1763278
Like a month long break. 2 weeks of vacation and 2 of r and r.

I currently work 30 hours a week in an internship and go to 3 classes.
>>
>>1763269
>MBA
>years of grad school
what
>>
>>1763288
Yes 2.5 years
>>
>>1763269
I mean you said you want a month off, can't you just put that as you projected start date when applying for the jobs? A month is nothing really. But I would focus on getting a job lined up. As it gets closer to May you should start interviewing.
>>
>>1763296
That brings up another question. In my internship I am filling in for a woman on maternity leave and she will be back in March so I can't leave until like the first of April.

When should I start applying? Is now too early?
>>
>>1763269

I did the exact same thing.

2 to 4 weeks is fine. Any more and you'll have a problem.
>>
>>1763301
I did job fairs starting I think 3 semesters before I graduated. Employers know you are in school and if they are hunting for talent they are likely willing to wait. The one I landed I applied for about 1 month before graduating.

The interview process can take a while, for me the one I landed was quick, but I've heard people say they went back and forth for a month or two before finalizing an offer, start date, etc.
>>
>>1763278
Yeah man, no employees ever need a break. It's not like most companies offer employees things called vacation time or PTO.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.