[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wage cucking my way to a Mill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1482335806965-pol.png (418KB, 579x593px) Image search: [Google]
1482335806965-pol.png
418KB, 579x593px
Thinking about selling my car worth 2500$ to finance a 5k used one for 5 years (around 100/mo) and margin out my entire net worth on index funds on robinhood as it has super low margin rates.

Itll only be around 20k of buying power so who cares if i lose it all?

Is this too much risk? Basically i think 2500 today is worth more than putting in more 100 per month over 5 years.
>>
oh i make 50k a year and put everything i dont spend in index funds
>>
Ive been thinking about the same thing recently. Id like to liquidate most of my non essential assets to give me a decent amount of starting capital to trade with. Sounds high risk but i think im ok with that.
>>
>>1762820
i dont want to trade even i just to buy on margin as the gains would more than cover the margin and the interest my one essential item which is a car.
>>
>>1762824
So youll be living in your car?
>>
>>1762827
and eating the car?
>>
>>1762827
i have to rent right now unfortunatly but ive thought about it as i have a gym membership half paid for by my work
>>
>>1762828
i spend around 15$ a day eating out which the same as what it would cost at home
>>
>>1762833
No, you can eat at home for cheaper. If you buy ridiculous ingredients then of course it would cost the same. A lot of food can be obtained for very cheap, like soup, sandwiches, salad, burritos, pasta, rice. You can also make large amounts of food and store it for days later. Take that $15 a day, turn it into $5 to $10 a day, and suddenly you've saved $150 to $300 a month. Put that into your index funds.

Cancel the gym membership unless you are teetering on the edge of becoming a ham planet.
You can exercise without a gym, but remember, good health is an investment that tends to pay off more when you're nearing retirement.
>>
>>1762811
This,

Index Funds, Blue Chip Dividend stocks, and Mutual Funds should be the backbone of any good portfolio
>>
>>1762946
Seriously all anyone needs who isn't aiming for full blown /fit/ status should just buy used free weights and do the literal thousands of possible excercise for every muscle you can think of.

Gym memberships are a meme invented to convince people that the only time they can work out is when they're using equipment Edward AidsHands just sweat all over after giving his big black bull a tug in the locker room

Even if you want to go all roid-ragey you can still buy a cheap fucking weight bench and a bar/weights.

All together you'd need just:
- shitty excercise shorts
- shitty t shirt
- shoes
- used free weight set
- used bench set

And then you'll have the full functionality of most gyms for less than $200~ and never need to pay a membership fee again.

It isn't like you need a treadmill or a fancy ass set of machines to get an amazing workout. Just eat healthy, do a muscle group per day, and repeat
>>
>>1762984
14$ a month is great especially if i decide to just live in a minivan. ill hace access to showers, mirrors, etc.
>>
>>1762946
been the grocery lately? its bad
>>
>>1762984
wheres my spotter brah
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.