[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MBA/IMBA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: image_6.jpg (10KB, 237x192px) Image search: [Google]
image_6.jpg
10KB, 237x192px
Is a MBA/IMBA worth it?

What do you learn to do in those degrees?

Is useful in anything if you want to leave your country?

Can you get a job at a bank with it?

Would you do it if you get a scholarship?

In case you ask, I'm the guy from /qa/
>>
>>1762522
No, only for the connections.

If you don't go to a top 20, 2 year MBA program or don't need MBA for job advancement (company will pay), you're wasting your time.

Your alternatives are reading The Personal MBA and then getting familiar on the topics of business with more specialized books on the topics brought up.

Basically just read, you'll learn more than you will in an MBA program (given the same amount of time put in).
>>
>>1762693
>If you don't go to a top 20, 2 year MBA program
That's for USA/first world countries? I live in a 3rd world country where for sure doesn't applies and my only secure chance to move is Italy due to connections.

The MBA would be via a scholarship in China (or Taiwan).
>>
>>1762693

Mostly this

Non top 20 (i go as far as top 10) MBA degrees will only accentuate whatever experience you already have, so if you're already doing pretty well an MBA can give a small hop, but it's generally not worth unless your current employer is saying they'll promote you or will cover the costs, etc..

top 10 schools are always worth though.

Not because they teach you anything but because the signaling power of a top 10 mba degree
>>
File: F0D.jpg (7KB, 205x324px) Image search: [Google]
F0D.jpg
7KB, 205x324px
>>1762697
I'm unemployed atm and my job experience is unrelated to the field. I just thought that something business related could open more doors to get a job.

Seems like it's not a good idea

Perhaps a master im economy/finance/accounting is more useful?

Thanks
>>
Im kinda in the same situation. I graduated with a major in international studies and a minor in business administration from the University of Miami. My gpa is shit so I don't think I'd even get accepted to a top school. Been an unemployed graduate for a year now
>>
>>1762695
If you're unemployed, an MBA will only get you into more debt. They don't really teach you anything, it's just for networking. You could probably get accepted into some shit tier program, but the credential will be useless for the most part.

Plus, if you can't get an actual business job already, there's no way you would be able to take advantage of an MBA program.

What's your work history like?
>>
>>1763331
It's via a scholarship. Covers everything.

I worked as translator/language teacher. Most my work experience is languages related stuff.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.