[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone in the dropshipping thread asked me to make a thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: wormfarm.jpg (36KB, 540x359px) Image search: [Google]
wormfarm.jpg
36KB, 540x359px
Someone in the dropshipping thread asked me to make a thread about my future potential worm farm, so I guess I will.

I want to farm worms, right? I want to help the environment, have low start-up costs, low overhead, low maintenance, etc. I have $50 to my name, pretty much. With that, I can get one thousand worms and the materials I'll need to build a decent housing for the worms. I figured I'd make it out of wood so I can control the dimensions/depth/etc.

Feeding the worms is extremely easy. They like newspaper, egg shells, leaves, and things of that nature. They are composters and I have a shit-ton of leaves because I live next to the woods. I basically have free food from doing yardwork. Of course, they'll also be eating some kitchen scraps. It's helping the environment by not sending this stuff to a landfill. In a few weeks or months depending on the amount of worms, I'll have nice soil with worm castings.
>>
>>1760549

Worm castings will be the money-maker. It's their shit. With that shit you can grow bigger vegetables or plants. You sell that at a respectable price for so much per pound and you walk away a richer man than you were. I, personally, will be trying to stay local and hit up the farmer's markets. From what I've seen, there isn't anything for it here. I could be wrong, but I haven't seen it as I said. I've also looked it up online and there's nothing in my area for it on places like Craigslist. So, local stuff will help the environment too with less fuel and emissions going towards transporting it across the country.

The worms multiply, so I will get more worms. This will require more space to house them and more food, but I will worry about that when it happens. I can also sell the worms for fish bait if I want, but I don't really plan on that. The worm castings can be boiled for "tea" as well, which will help growth of plants and can be easily sprayed. I plan on selling that in a spray bottle for ease of use for anyone that'll purchase it. I also plan on selling little bags for the little potted plants people keep in their homes.

I'm really bad at marketing or selling myself so I just plan to do what I can in order to sell it. I can't really "gussy up" worm shit. I just want to sell a product to people that will help them.
>>
so this is what it's come to - selling worm shit.
>>
>>1760725

Yeah.
>>
>>1760549
you should open a klingon restaurant too
>>
if this is what you think you won't mind doing, then go for it OP. try to learn marketing tactics, since you said you aren't too hot there, and sell some fucking worm shit. there's money out there to be made OP, and if selling worm shit makes money, then by all means go for it. good luck
>>
>>1760798

Why?

>>1760802

I'm going to ask a grill I know for some help with marketing, I think. She actually went to school for design and the like so she'd be knowledgeable in it and would help me pro bono.
>>
>>1760815
>Why?
well you can have nice lively completely bio homegrown worms for the (((clingons))) to eat.
>>
>>1760798
hey! gagh is delicious
>>
Do it fucker. This actually sounds cool. In fact, here's your free tips:

1. go post on craigslist now. Stop reading this thread. Go write an ad in your farm and garden section saying you have worm casings for sale and it's so great for fertilizer. Tell a story. Put your ph# and email. Do you get response?

2. Give me a list of garden supply, feed stores, natural grocers, etc around you that have bulletin boards you can put an ad on.

3. Give me the price for a booth at the farmers market. What's the lead time they need for registration? Is there a contract or commitment?

4. What gardening or hippy or vegetarian or rural living events/festivals/etc are going on this summer you could sell at? You have $50 only - can you afford to drive there with a booth and sell?

5. Can you sell this on ebay/amazon? Is anyone else doing this? If so, what is their pricepoint shipping costs and marketing?

6. If you are capable of talking to people in real life non austically (haha I am not!) would you be able to partner with some landscapers or similar tradesmen to buy wholesale?
>>
>>1760549
DATS A LOTTA WOIMS
>>
>>1760981
lold harder than i shouldve
>>
Hey, its novel ideas like this one that could end up being successful. You found a niche, if you work it and have a nice pitch, you could potentially get good business from local farmers. Hell, if you want, expand your product after successful local startup, bag up that worm shit and sell at Home Depot. It all depends on your drive, imagination, and motivation. Good luck :)
>>
Check the price for bait worms in your area.
I dont know if you mentioned it but here ive worms going for top dollar, it was something almost like 1$ per worm, not that much but you get the idea. They are good bait and people will buy them.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.