[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Annual Report

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3295.jpg (52KB, 1000x616px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3295.jpg
52KB, 1000x616px
So /biz/, 2016 has passed and by now all the numbers should be coming in. How much did you make last year? Salaries, profits, you name it.

>Gross Income
>Taxes
>Expenses
>New net worth
>Debt
>>
>salary
>$85,000
>$66,000 after taxes and insurance
>bonus
>$15,000
>it's immediately taxed at 25% when they deposit it for net of $11,250
>$8,500 in 401k matching
>total take home pay including money saved in 401k:
>$93,250
>no mortgage, car paid off, like $2k in credit card debt
>saved up $50k this year

And now I need to spend $40k of that rennovating the house: new flooring, painting inside and out, replace the A/C, new roof, and remodel the kitchen and bathroom. Fucking real life sucks ass. I almost said fuck it and bought a new house but that would just be more expensive in the long run.
>>
>>1760589
Rent?
>>
>>1760595

I own a home. My parents bought it; dad died, moved my mom to an apartment I pay for (she doesn't speak English and works as a housekeeper). I took over the house with $75k left on the mortgage. I made lots of extra payments on the mortgage over the last 4 years and literally just got debt free by paying off most of my credit card and my car off.

Over working for the last 6 years I only have $70k saved ($50k from 2016 alone) due to focusing on paying off debt; now fucking home renovations are going to eat my ass. Hopefully there's no big expenses for me this year.
>>
>>1760609
just look at it this way, atleast the quality of your home will be increased. right?

things like flooring/new kitchen/bathroom will be great changes if done well
>>
>>1760589
>now I need to spend $40k of that rennovating the house
no you don't.

unless it's unlivable or you plan on selling in the next 12 months you're just throwing your money away.
>>
>>1760644

>flooring: $8,500
>A/C: $5,000
>roof: $15,000
>outside painting: $3,000
>inside painting (and some drywall repair): $5,000
>remoding bathroom and kitchen $5,000-$15,000.
>>
>>1760644
>>1760662

Forgot to mention, I am getting an appraiser to check out the house and give a value pre and post-renovations.
>>
>>1760662
>>1760664
neither of your posts addresses my point.

unless you're selling the house, remodeling is throwing money away. Even if you ARE selling, remodeling might be wasted since lots of buyers are going to redo everything anyways.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.