[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people get into debt if they can't afford to pay it back?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: householdDebt_vs_wages.png (229KB, 4672x1800px) Image search: [Google]
householdDebt_vs_wages.png
229KB, 4672x1800px
I don't understand how people can be this dumb. I refuse to believe it.
>>
Because people are bad at predicting future. Usually crisis begins when you lose your steady flow of income, you start to borrow to cover the decrease in income (because nobody wants to degrade their quality of life). And then you are off for a ride.

Then there's the bad knowledge of interest rates (and real interest rates) and the belief of ever lasting growth.
>>
because many people just dont care. if they can have something they want today they'll take it, even if it can come back to hurt them in the future.
>>
>>1760140
>tfw you're utilitarian as fuck

I have no idea how they do it. Even on my meager wage i can get by.
>>
>>1760140
Black people are the worst about it too. Just go into any ghetto. You will see nothing but run down houses and brand new mercedes and bmw's in the driveways.
>>
>>1760140
>why do people who have little to no money accept money?
Gee idk worlds a crazy place
>>
>>1760175
Youve clearly never left your house. Watching a rap video on youtube doesnt count. The overwhelming majority of inner city and housing assited have no vehicle at all. If you see a beamer its one in 10,000 and hes either a drug dealer or he stole it
>>
Nigger culture, niggertech, gotta have a new car, new phone, TV is fucked

Least we have Trump though
>>
>>1760140
Admittedly, our culture and economy enforce this sort of behavior. If people were not spending the economy would collapse. The issue is the cost of living continues to increase while wages more or less stagnate. But people keep having more children that our economy is having more and more trouble work into our consumption rate to support their external burden on society. It isn't that we have those in poverty, it is that our economic model cannot support this many indefinitely.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.