[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oil prices going up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: oilgas1.jpg (900KB, 3000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
oilgas1.jpg
900KB, 3000x2250px
So /biz/ in economic terms what are the possible (and profitable) consequences of this?

Total newfag
>>
>>1757734
>profitable

Shale companies can drill more. Contrary to much of what the market believes, these companies can turn on their drilling incredibly quickly. Shale wells take a fraction of the time a conventional well takes to set up and can be turned on/off easily. This article (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-03-06/introducing-fracklog-the-new-fangled-oil-storage-system-energy) explains the system well, but it's a bit old so excuse some of the outdated information.

This fact harms other predictions for the oil market. Russia, Saudi Arabia, and lots of other markets should become more stable if the price rises, but since shale is a wild card and essentially the new "swing producer," there's doubt over how fast the price will rise before the increased shale supply starts taking a toll. The oil market has been turned on its head, which is why so many people were so wrong with the oil predictions (oil recovery in Q4 2015/Q2 2016/Q4 2016/Q1 2017/etc etc). Things are doing better than Q1 2016, so they've been right in that regard, but we haven't seen anything above the $60 level last for a sustainable period of time.
>>
I'm invested in some refiner (MHZ), and so far it's been quite good.
Really wondering what'll happen to them with the price change.
Could be good, because they can rise the price of their end product, could be bad, because they have to pay more for their raw materials…
>>
>>1757734
Grew up in the oil field. There are various types of oil. Theu vary in price.

Here in kansas to keep a small company affloat and break even you need $40 a barrel. We have been fucking starving.

See, when oil skyrockets like it did several years ago to over $100 a barrel gas went to over $4 but it was fucking great around here. Everyone was happy and had jobs. Then it fell but the prices for all of the pump parts and pump jacks and motors and shit stayed the same. The little man is tying the noose.

If it doesnt go over 50 around here i'm moving just because its so fucking depressing.
>>
>>1757734
$CAD, most under valued currency in the G7
>>
>>1758681
Do you have any experience working for oil companies? I will be graduating and am looking at oil and gas as a potential industry to try to get into.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.